communications: .BIBLE Marketing and Communications Senior Manager
Posted: January 23, 2017
The .BIBLE Communications Senior Manager will oversee, refine and execute all marketing and communication strategy for the DotBible Registry and provide regular communication to an audience of internal and external partners, registrars and registrants. This person will dedicate 100% of their time to .BIBLE working with outsource providers, partners and agencies to augment and sustain our core messaging to ensure .BIBLE engagement, registrations, and revenue targets are met. The .BIBLE initiative is helping to shape the future of the internet and plays an important role in our plans to see 100M people actively engaging the Bible and 100% of translations completed by 2025.
- Manage and coordinate .BIBLE messaging to ensure consistency, driving towards a handful of key operating messages. Coordinates all brand-related communications with ABS Communications and Marketing teams.
- Implement .BIBLE marketing and communications campaigns by working with marketing leads to set campaign goals; prepare campaign strategies, plans and objectives; plan and organize content in various formats; and report insights and results derived from data.
- Serve registrars and equip and empower this outside sales force to sell dot bible domain names.
- Writes, edits and coordinates between .BIBLE and other internal ABS departments as it relates to all media, publications, and communication efforts.
- Manage .BIBLE internal and external communications and brand in collaboration with partners, media, consultants, marketing, and dot bible vendors serving as the unit’s voice to educate various stakeholders.
- Create ongoing development of .BIBLE collateral and promotional materials. Develop appropriate communications strategy, presentations, videos, and other media and marketing materials to educate registrars, staff, and external stakeholders.
- Assist the Sr. Manager of .BIBLE Registry Operations with the development of a RFP process and domain contest grant program for awarding .BIBLE domains.
- Vet opportunities for the .BIBLE team and capture conversations through shared relationship management tools.
- Gather and write about .BIBLE partner engagement stories for www.nic.bible.
- In Collaboration with the Sr. Manager of .BIBLE Registry Operations sign off on all communication pieces including print, websites, and layouts for publications.
- Work with outside partners and Christian media outlets to mobilize their audiences to engage with Scripture through .BIBLE.
- Other duties as assigned and as needed and/or in the absence of the Director of Strategic Advancement, act as the unit’s public facing representative.
Minimum qualifications individual must possess
- Passion for the Bible cause and its ability to impact lives
- Fervent belief in the mission of the American Bible Society and its core values
- Proficiency in all MS-Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Working knowledge with email marketing tools, such as MailChimp and Google Analytics and web metrics
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Strong collaborative skills
- Understand best practices and industry trends for content marketing
- Proven written and oral communication skills
- Strong writing and/or copyediting skills preferred
- Basic proficiency in Photoshop, inDesign or other design tools
- Ability to remain flexible and respond to changing priorities
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry experience
- 5+ years’ of related experience including web, social media, and email marketing
- Knowledge of the Christian market and helpful to have experience working in fundraising, ecommerce, and ministry environments
- Office location Philadelphia, PA
- Requires moderate travel including international trips
Our mission is to make the Bible available to every person in a language and format each can understand and afford so all people may experience its life-changing message.
AMERICAN BIBLE SOCIETY’S MISSION:
Our mission is to make the Bible available to every person in a language and format each can understand and afford, so all people may experience its life-changing message.
AMERICAN BIBLE SOCIETY’S CORE VALUES:
We are looking for candidates who embody our core values of:
Value each other by serving, listening and reflecting God’s character.
Practice honesty, authenticity and transparency in word and action.
Embrace our diversity by aligning our collective strengths and unique gifts.
Honor God with our time, talents, partnerships and resources.
American Bible Society's Cultural Traits:
- SPIRITUAL VITALITY
- OUTCOMES ORIENTATION
- SERVANT LEADERSHIP