communications: Content Manager
Posted: April 4, 2017
The Content Manager is charged with managing a successful team of writers in the creation of creative, branded, results-oriented content for print and digital channels. This position will ensure that print and digital material communicates the life-changing stories of God’s Word that have resulted from the ministry of American Bible Society. The Content Manager works with teams across the whole organization, collaborates with internal and external clients, helps develop concepts, and helps shape the voice of American Bible Society. The Content Manager will oversee the development of content for audiences including financial partners, ministry partners and people seeking to engage with the Bible.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, oversee and manage the successful planning, strategy and execution of a content marketing plan that will help to support American Bible Society’s 100/100 goal
- Manage a dedicated team of writers and the various projects in their queue
- Ensure all marketing content provides clear benefits to the target audience, conveys the brand voice and personality, maximizes SEO opportunities and meets high quality standards; author & execute content as needed
- Maximize the Marketing Department’s capacity for accomplishing various styles of writing, including fundraising, marketing, storytelling, formal, informal, etc.
- Improve our ability to tell similar stories in unique, compelling ways
- Work closely with cross functional teams (print, web, social) to maximize the effectiveness in written components of open projects
Essential Skills/Traits: Minimum qualifications individual must possess
- Passion for the Bible cause and its ability to impact lives
- Fervent belief in the mission of the American Bible Society and its core values
- Demonstrated English language skills: grammar, vocabulary and spelling
- Understands current best practices for content strategy and industry trends
- Proven written and oral communication skills
- Ability to think creatively and implement innovative problem-solving
- Understands the role of data and research in developing relevant content for specific audiences
- Excellent observation skills
- Ability to deliver on deadline
- Ability to work in a fast-paced setting
- Marketing copywriting experience
- Ability to remain flexible and respond to changing priorities
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficient in Word and Adobe Acrobat
- Ability to work with a variety of people and teams to accomplish shared goals.
- Ability to manage dozens of quickly moving projects
- Ability to mentor, train, inspire and lead writers of all skill levels
- Excitement for the mission of American Bible Society, including a strong knowledge of biblical principles, and ministry language and usage
Education and/or Training
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, preferably in writing or publishing
- Minimum of 5 -7 years’ experience in the writing/publishing industry.
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Supervise content writing team
- Availability for possible domestic and international travel.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive with similar positions at not-for-profit organizations.
- Salary commensurate with experience and potential
Our mission is to make the Bible available to every person in a language and format each can understand and afford so all people may experience its life-changing message.
AMERICAN BIBLE SOCIETY’S MISSION:
Our mission is to make the Bible available to every person in a language and format each can understand and afford, so all people may experience its life-changing message.
AMERICAN BIBLE SOCIETY’S CORE VALUES:
We are looking for candidates who embody our core values of:
Value each other by serving, listening and reflecting God’s character.
Practice honesty, authenticity and transparency in word and action.
Embrace our diversity by aligning our collective strengths and unique gifts.
Honor God with our time, talents, partnerships and resources.
American Bible Society's Cultural Traits:
- SPIRITUAL VITALITY
- OUTCOMES ORIENTATION
- SERVANT LEADERSHIP