communications: Content Specialist
Posted: August 2, 2017
The content marketing team is seeking someone to develop creative branded content for print and digital channels. The person in this position will take a lead role in creating and implementing new concepts for marketing campaigns and internal projects that will advance the fundraising and ministry goals of American Bible Society. This position will ensure that print and digital material communicates the life-changing stories of God’s Word that have resulted from the ministry of American Bible Society. The person in this position will develop this content for audiences including major financial partners, ministry partners and people seeking to engage with the Bible.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, research and create custom content for multiple platforms: marketing campaigns, the corporate website, social media outlets, blogs and video.
- Communicate the American Bible Society brand through innovative storytelling.
- Contribute to the strategy behind and implementation of major financial partner materials in online, video and print channels.
- Contribute to the strategy behind and implementation of content marketing in online and print channels.
- Edit and proofread new and existing content.
- Ensure consistency in passion, message and voice of American Bible Society materials and in compliance with the American Bible Society Stylebook.
- Work with content suppliers, content manager, production manager and designers throughout content development process.
- Develop creative communication strategies that advance the financial and ministry goals of American Bible Society.
- Incorporate market research and testing into development of communication.
Essential Traits & Skills:
Minimum qualifications individual must possess
- Passion for the Bible cause and its ability to impact lives
- Fervent belief in the mission of the American Bible Society and its core values
- Excellent English language skills: grammar, vocabulary and spelling
- Understands current best practices for content strategy and industry trends
- Proven written and oral communication skills
- Ability to think creatively and implement innovative problem-solving
- Understands the role of data and research in developing relevant content for specific audiences
- Strong collaborative skills
- Familiarity with Christian ministry language and usage
- Excellent observation skills
- Ability to deliver on deadline
- Ability to work in a fast-paced setting
- Marketing copywriting experience
- Ability to remain flexible and respond to changing priorities
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficient in Word and Adobe Acrobat
Education and/or Training
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in communications, public relations, creative writing or journalism.
- Minimum of 1-3 years related experience
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Standard Work Hours: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
- Possible domestic and international travel.
Our mission is to make the Bible available to every person in a language and format each can understand and afford so all people may experience its life-changing message.
AMERICAN BIBLE SOCIETY’S MISSION:
Our mission is to make the Bible available to every person in a language and format each can understand and afford, so all people may experience its life-changing message.
AMERICAN BIBLE SOCIETY’S CORE VALUES:
We are looking for candidates who embody our core values of:
Value each other by serving, listening and reflecting God’s character.
Practice honesty, authenticity and transparency in word and action.
Embrace our diversity by aligning our collective strengths and unique gifts.
Honor God with our time, talents, partnerships and resources.
American Bible Society's Cultural Traits:
- SPIRITUAL VITALITY
- OUTCOMES ORIENTATION
- SERVANT LEADERSHIP