ministry: Curriculum Development Associate
Posted: May 22, 2017
The Mission Trauma Healing (MTH) team works with a vast network of global partners to help the Church address the effects of trauma and loss through an integration of biblical and mental health principles. The Curriculum Development Associate will be responsible for the creation and revision of core Trauma Healing training and curriculum materials.
This person will work closely with active facilitators to analyze the effectiveness of the materials, then edit, update, and create new materials as needed.
We are now creating materials for adults, children, and teens in both print, audio and video format for both oral and textual communities. With over 6,000 facilitators using these materials in over 160 languages in 80 countries, the urgent need for content development continues to grow.
- Revise or manage the revision of existing core materials to ensure they are clear, complete, and aligned with the program model.
- Observe MTH materials in the field, document successes and challenges, and adjust the materials accordingly.
- Work with implementing partners to contextualize core materials for various audiences (e.g. military, prisons, war zones, refugees, etc.).
- Develop new trauma healing materials in alignment with the established standards and procedures.
- Develop and maintain a system for tracking, evaluating, and implementing requests for revision that come in from implementing partners.
- Develop and maintain a system for prioritizing and developing new materials for the changing needs and context of trauma healing around the world.
- Create or contextualize material for online engagement, or oversee the development of online TH materials.
- Ensure that implementing partners feel supported and equipped with updated, excellent materials.
- Work with the regional teams to ensure high quality translations are in use in their regions.
- Ensure accurate reporting of translation status in the database.
ESSENTIAL TRAITS/ SKILLS
- Passion for the Bible cause and its ability to transform hearts
- Strong affirmation of the mission of the American Bible Society
- Knowledge of the Bible and how God speaks to suffering people through it
- Ability to write clear, compelling, faith-based copy with gentle, welcoming tone
- Ability to think systematically about content management across a suite of products
- Ability to integrate detailed changes to curriculum across multiple products
- Ability to think theologically about suffering, Scripture, and the Church
- Experience writing for different Christian denominations and backgrounds
- Ability to grasp the global context, and to understand how culture influences the approach to content development
- General understanding of how people learn and interact in groups, and how to create engaging pedagogical content
- Ability to learn from how audiences use and respond to content, and adjust accordingly
- Understanding of the global context of trauma and domestic/international ministry
- Strong team player who embodies the values of American Bible Society
- Proven track record writing Christian content for all stripes of the Christian Church
- Experience taking theological or pedagogical concepts and boiling them down into clearly comprehensible lessons or written pieces
- Experience with audience-centric writing
- Experience functioning as a healthy part of a team
- Experience blending biblical concepts with clear and compelling writing
- Experience organizing and managing complex systems of content
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Undergraduate degree required – Advanced degree desired
- 3+ years of related experiences with demonstrated accountability and accomplishments
- Occasional domestic and international travel
AMERICAN BIBLE SOCIETY’S MISSION:
Our mission is to make the Bible available to every person in a language and format each can understand and afford, so all people may experience its life-changing message.
AMERICAN BIBLE SOCIETY’S CORE VALUES:
We are looking for candidates who embody our core values of:
Value each other by serving, listening and reflecting God’s character.
Practice honesty, authenticity and transparency in word and action.
Embrace our diversity by aligning our collective strengths and unique gifts.
Honor God with our time, talents, partnerships and resources.
American Bible Society's Cultural Traits:
- SPIRITUAL VITALITY
- OUTCOMES ORIENTATION
- SERVANT LEADERSHIP