advancement: Digital Fundraising Project Associate
Posted: April 17, 2017
The Project Associate for Digital Fundraising supports American Bible Society’s mission to make the Bible available to every person in a language and format each can understand and afford, so all people may experience its life-changing message.
The Digital Fundraising Project Associate holds a critical role in acquiring and cultivating new digital and multi-channel financial partners to help fuel Bible ministry. Candidate must exemplify a collaborative spirit and ability to work in a matrix team structure as he/she will be working in conjunction with external and internal agencies as well as teams and individuals from various levels and departments across the organization. As Project Associate, this candidate oversees and project manages the implementation of digital and multi-channel direct response marketing campaigns and efforts, contributing to strategic direction and ensuring that all tasks are executed in scope and on time while helping manage the activity of a high volume fundraising environment. This person manages program initiatives to meet development objectives in the mass market universe. Additionally, the role supports the digital initiatives across all Mission Advancement areas including Mid-Level Donor Advancement and Gift Planning.
- Manage the digital elements of monthly direct response multi-channel campaigns. This includes a monthly traditional media mail effort where email and website supporting communication elements are part of the strategy.
- Manage a high volume of digital acquisition and cultivation efforts through approval, launch and optimization. These include but are not limited to Search Engine Marketing, media display advertising, native advertising, social media, peer fundraising, and more.
- Support digital efforts for Gift Planning and Donor Advancement teams as needed. This would include website design and email or social communication, for example.
- Manage ongoing strategy, testing and optimization of monthly recurring gift program. This involves growing a digital exclusive monthly giving acquisition program and subsequent cultivation of relationships.
- Manage large digital efforts related to new sites and full design tests. This refers to website design testing and revisions.
- Manage Social Media FB efforts for ABS corporate FB page. Responsible for image and copy selections for Scripture-based posts,
- Manage internal/external agency collaboration for monthly set of posts and supporting content development and provide final risk review direction/comments and approval of all elements of effort. Functionally, upload monthly set of Scripture, ministry and news posts for ABS corporate FB page.
- Provide detailed review, edit and strategic decision making for risk review and final approves all digital elements across programs, weekly.
- Work with Project Coordinator, internal marketing agency and external agencies providing guidance and decision making to project production for all digital related efforts and testing, daily.
- Facilitate intake of requests for donation pages and emails on behalf of ABS ministry units, Donor Advancement and Gift Planning marketing plans, periodically.
- Communicate to and collaborate with internal teams at all levels across the organization regularly.
- Domestic business travel as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Fervent belief in the mission of the American Bible Society and its core values
- Passion for the Bible cause and its ability to impact lives
- Flexible and adaptable in a fast paced agency-type environment
- Thrive on detail, learning, team environments
- Effective at handling multiple high priority efforts
- Strong and professional leadership and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and spoken communication
- Familiar with using donor database
- Exercise excellent follow up and project tracking skills
- Exhibit good listening and comprehension skills
- Proactive in keeping others adequately informed
- Select and use appropriate communication methods
- Take initiative requiring minimal supervision
- Use resources effectively
- Contribute to the stewardship, authenticity and integration of ministry and development efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Degree preferred in relevant field: Direct Response Marketing or Fundraising, Business Administration, Marketing for Nonprofits.
- 2-3 years of experience in digital fundraising or direct response marketing strongly preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with database and internet software solutions, preferred.
- Proficient with suite of Microsoft Office programs and project management tools, preferred.
Essential Skills and Requirements:
Education and/or Training
Our Mission is to make the Bible available to every person in a language and format each can understand and afford so all people may experience its life-changing message.
AMERICAN BIBLE SOCIETY’S MISSION:
Our mission is to make the Bible available to every person in a language and format each can understand and afford, so all people may experience its life-changing message.
AMERICAN BIBLE SOCIETY’S CORE VALUES:
We are looking for candidates who embody our core values of:
Value each other by serving, listening and reflecting God’s character.
Practice honesty, authenticity and transparency in word and action.
Embrace our diversity by aligning our collective strengths and unique gifts.
Honor God with our time, talents, partnerships and resources.
American Bible Society's Cultural Traits:
- SPIRITUAL VITALITY
- OUTCOMES ORIENTATION
- SERVANT LEADERSHIP