technology: Helpdesk & User Support Manager
Posted: May 12, 2017
Job Purpose/ Position Objective:
We are looking for a qualified Helpdesk & User Support manager to join our Technology Solutions team. You will be responsible for leading our technical support team to provide excellent customer service and resolve all technical issues in service to achieving American Bible Society’s (ABS’) strategic goals and advancing its mission.
As a Helpdesk & User Support Manager, you should have a solid technical background combined with customer service experience. A problem-solving attitude with an ability to motivate your team to achieve specific goals are essential skills to perform well in this position.
Ultimately, you should be able to ensure high quality technical support and maintain or increase client satisfaction. Essential Functions / Major Position Tasks:
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the organization’s Helpdesk so that user problems are identified, prioritized, researched, resolved, and followed-up quickly and competently.
- Plan priorities and schedule Helpdesk activities to ensure continuity of service.
- Ensure that Helpdesk staff use and maintain problem management databases or other Helpdesk software so that Helpdesk activities and performance can be monitored.
- Analyze Helpdesk enquiries to identify recurring user problems, recommend solutions, and to identify areas where Helpdesk service can be improved.
- Develop problems solving guidelines, checklists, or other materials where there is none to assist Helpdesk staff to respond to user problems that are recurring or routine.
- Respond to more complex escalated enquiries from team members.
- Lead, direct, evaluate, and develop Helpdesk staff to ensure that users receive competent and timely service.
- Observe security and safety regulation in particular to virus protection.
- Provide technical support and training for personal computer and PC network users.
- Provide positive customer experience with each customer interaction.
Specific Roles / Responsibilities:
- Manage the Helpdesk team and evaluate performance
- Ensure customer service is timely and accurate on a daily basis
- Recruit, train and support Helpdesk representatives and technicians
- Set specific customer service standards
- Contribute to improving customer support by actively responding to queries and handling complaints
- Establish best practices through the entire technical support process
- Follow up with customers to identify areas of improvement
- Develop daily, weekly and monthly reports on Helpdesk team’s productivity
- Provide customer feedback to the appropriate internal teams, like product developers
- Flexibility to work out of normal working hours as and when required
- Participate, with Facilities and third party vendors, on the execution of maintenance/new implementations affecting local IT Infrastructure
- Prior IP Phone experience a plus, but not required
- Provide “hands and eyes” support for other groups such as Network and Server Ops groups
- BS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or relevant field or related discipline / equivalent work experience.
- Over 4 years related experience.
Candidate Competencies & Attributes, and Preferred Skills:
- Fervent belief in the mission of the American Bible Society and its core values
- Passion for the Bible cause and its ability to impact lives
- Proven work experience as a Helpdesk Manager
- Hands on experience with Helpdesk and remote control software
- Solid technical background with an ability to give instructions to a non-technical audience
- Customer-service oriented with a problem-solving attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Team management skills
- Experience working with and managing external vendors with the ability to diagnose and correct network, and server problems
- Knowledge and understanding of IP, Routers, and Switches
- Proficiency with Windows and Mac Desktop Operating Systems, Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, and Excel). Visio and ServiceDesk Plus is a plus
Our mission is to make the Bible available to every person in a language and format each can understand and afford so all people may experience its life-changing message.
AMERICAN BIBLE SOCIETY’S MISSION:
Our mission is to make the Bible available to every person in a language and format each can understand and afford, so all people may experience its life-changing message.
AMERICAN BIBLE SOCIETY’S CORE VALUES:
We are looking for candidates who embody our core values of:
Value each other by serving, listening and reflecting God’s character.
Practice honesty, authenticity and transparency in word and action.
Embrace our diversity by aligning our collective strengths and unique gifts.
Honor God with our time, talents, partnerships and resources.
American Bible Society's Cultural Traits:
- SPIRITUAL VITALITY
- OUTCOMES ORIENTATION
- SERVANT LEADERSHIP