ministry: Operations Associate, Mission Trauma Healing
Posted: January 11, 2017
The Mission Trauma Healing (MTH) team works with a vast network of global partners to help churches address the effects of trauma and loss through an integration of Biblical and mental health principles. The Operations Associate will perform strategic functions within MTH in the areas of regional planning, project management, budgeting, finance, and reporting.
The Operations Associate will be responsible for the timely and accurate management, evaluation, and reporting of budget and life-impact data for MTH leadership and financial partners, while integrating existing processes within the larger framework of ABS, UBS, and ministry partner systems.
This person will provide technical assistance in the development of strategic regional plans, ensuring that the MTH team has the financial data, life impact information, and key resources needed for design and implementation. This person will be responsible for drafting and managing the MTH annual budget, distributing financial grants to MTH ministry partners, monitoring real-time use of funds, and providing status reports for management and financial partner communications. The Operations Associate will also track and navigate MTH projects through the various processes of ministry partners, UBS’s global systems, and ABS’s Partner Process, securing accurate and timely data for proposals, presentations, and detailed reports.
- Provide essential data, information, and resources to the MTH team to support the development and implementation of regional plans.
- Ensure that MTH projects progress through the Partner Process and work with Program Managers to secure and contextualize data and information needed for Project Concepts, Detailed Project Plans, and Evaluation Reports.
- Work with MTH Leadership to develop, monitor, and report on the MTH budget.
- Allocate funds in accordance with partner process across MTH to cover operational costs and project grants.
- Monitor MTH accounts and allocate funds to ensure that expenditures are aligned with regional planning and budget priorities.
- Provide timely and accurate budget status reports for use in ministry and financial partner reporting.
- Process financial grants for international MTH projects.
- Execute financial pledges to ministry partners through UBS and coordinate transfer of funds.
- Track, monitor, and reconcile all financial grants in collaboration with the Program Managers and MTH ministry partners.
- Work with Program Managers to maintain a dynamic dashboard of life impact.
- Create and deliver on-demand and quarterly dashboard reports that clearly capture and communicate MTH’s life impact.
- Process all internal requests for information from existing and prospective financial partners, securing data and testimonials from the MTH team and/or ministry partners and ensuring a timely and thorough response.
- Participate in planning and coordinating MTH training events.
- Perform additional job-related duties as required.
- Passion for the Bible cause and its ability to transform hearts
- Strong affirmation of the mission of American Bible Society
- Ability to build and maintain relationships in cross-cultural settings, ensuring that communications are tightly aligned with the MTH team
- Strong sense of stewardship – with the ability to use limited resources for maximum impact
- Ability to think strategically about tracking the efficiency and effectiveness of regional plans
- Strong team player who embodies the values of American Bible Society
- Ability to compile clear, compelling, and concise reports
- Effective organizational, implementation, and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities
- Ability to work well with other people, facilitating collaboration, communication, and cooperation
- Ability to represent MTH and ABS in high level meetings (e.g. with financial partners)
- Self-directed, with the ability to identify gaps, barriers, and issues, and develop solutions
- Ability to think critically to ensure that MTH remains mission focused
- Proven track record in project management with strategic planning experience
- Experience planning and/or implementing ministry and programmatic activity
- Experience creating budgets, proposals, and reports
- Proficiency in all MS Office applications: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
Education and Training:
- Undergraduate degree required
- 3 or more years of related experiences with demonstrated accountability and accomplishments
- Occasional evenings and weekends required during special events
AMERICAN BIBLE SOCIETY’S MISSION:
Our mission is to make the Bible available to every person in a language and format each can understand and afford, so all people may experience its life-changing message.
AMERICAN BIBLE SOCIETY’S CORE VALUES:
We are looking for candidates who embody our core values of:
Value each other by serving, listening and reflecting God’s character.
Practice honesty, authenticity and transparency in word and action.
Embrace our diversity by aligning our collective strengths and unique gifts.
Honor God with our time, talents, partnerships and resources.
American Bible Society's Cultural Traits:
- SPIRITUAL VITALITY
- OUTCOMES ORIENTATION
- SERVANT LEADERSHIP