ministry: Project Associate
Posted: July 14, 2017
The Project Associate will serve as the operations and project logistics manager of the Nida Institute, by overseeing and coordinating all of its operational, financial, and communication matters in accordance with the policies and procedures established by American Bible Society (ABS) and with an integrated approach with Mission Global. These responsibilities are to be carried out with integrity and conviction, with a high regard for confidentiality, professionalism, and with the distinct purpose of helping the Nida Institute be as effective as possible in carrying out its responsibilities and mission.
- Strategic planning and operations
- Participate as a member of the Nida Leadership Team in strategic planning, coordination and delegation of projects, tasks, and responsibilities that are assigned to the area.
- Liaise with key stakeholders and areas/departments Ministry Mobilization and especially within Mission Global (MG), while establishing and maintaining effective working relationships and ensuring that work is carried out cooperatively and that the core values of ABS are continually upheld
- In collaboration with the Dean (and other key Nida staff) to work with ABS Marketing and Mission Advancement to develop a holistic (intra-ABS) communications/promotional plan that takes into account: all Nida activities, ABS communications opportunities, matching Nida staff to communications opportunities.
- Handle special projects as requested by the Dean
- Provide oversight and coordination of key projects related to the Nida Institute’s translation training, research and publication commitments to the United Bible Societies and other mission partners.
- Work with domestic and overseas partners to coordinate logistics required for domestic and international meetings, events, conferences and appointments.
- Provide appropriate logistical assistance for the Dean’s guests
- Produce departmental and event summary reports, correspondence, briefings, and presentation materials for ETEN steering committee, ABS senior management and Board of Trustees;
- Support the Dean in operational matters and ensure decisions are implemented;
- Interpret and implement organizational policies and procedures, ensuring the Nida
- Institute’s compliance;
- Handle confidential/sensitive matters concerning the Nida Institute and ABS, including personnel related matters
- Provide support in the annual performance evaluation process
- Provide support to the Dean as needed. This includes general assistance for incoming emails, incoming and outgoing mail, faxes, memos and letters, the Dean’s and Nida Institute’s calendar, and ordering office supplies and equipment;
- Establish and maintain records in appropriate files for quick retrieval of information;
- Prepare, reconcile and process the Dean’s cash expense reports and American
- Express expense reports;
- Receive, review, correct and present to Dean for approval staff/consultant expense reports and American Express corporate card reports from Nida staff;
- Coordinate and implement detailed domestic and international travel arrangements (including hotel, car and visas when necessary) for the Dean;
- Process International Travel Authorizations for Nida staff;
- Process Consultant Contracts (including purchase orders, presenter’s agreements, consulting agreements, collaboration agreements, photo release forms and amendments) on behalf of the Nida Institute; Process Secondment personnel MoU’s;
- Enter the Dean’s attendance on ADP; Monitor, approve and process the Dean’s
- direct reports staff attendance
- Facilitate the management of financials, budget, and budget development process, and day-to-day operations of department in collaboration with the Dean, MG operations, and ABS Finance Department;
- Passion for the Bible cause and its ability to impact lives
- Fervent belief in the mission of ABS and its core values
- Proven knowledge of and experience with all aspects of operational planning and related financial processes.
- Working knowledge of standard business/operations management and accounting practices.
- Experience working in interconfessional context.
- Collegial working style, interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact appropriately and effectively with senior management.
- Effective analytical, research and project management skills.
- Ability to prioritize and respond to multiple demands, maintain strict deadlines, and observe confidentiality in all matters encountered in the course of the work
- Professional, respectful and skillful, service-oriented, communication style (in person, on the telephone, and in writing)
- Attentive to details with appropriate organization of day-to-day and long-term tasks
- Ability to prioritize, organize multiple assignments and complete in timely fashion.
- Demonstrate problem solving and decision making skills.
- Advanced knowledge of necessary WINDOWS applications (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and the Internet)
- Willing to pursue professional development opportunities to acquire additional skills to best meet evolving needs.
- In addition to English fluency in Spanish is preferred
- Willingness/availability to travel domestically and overseas
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Three to five years of administrative experience, including program planning and coordination and relevant budgetary oversight
Our mission is to make the Bible available to every person in a language and format each can understand and afford so all people may experience its life-changing message.
AMERICAN BIBLE SOCIETY’S MISSION:
Our mission is to make the Bible available to every person in a language and format each can understand and afford, so all people may experience its life-changing message.
AMERICAN BIBLE SOCIETY’S CORE VALUES:
We are looking for candidates who embody our core values of:
Value each other by serving, listening and reflecting God’s character.
Practice honesty, authenticity and transparency in word and action.
Embrace our diversity by aligning our collective strengths and unique gifts.
Honor God with our time, talents, partnerships and resources.
American Bible Society's Cultural Traits:
- SPIRITUAL VITALITY
- OUTCOMES ORIENTATION
- SERVANT LEADERSHIP