ministry: Project Manager
Posted: May 25, 2017
To manage a wide variety of projects related to web and mobile application products-- utilizing the software development life-cycle process and agile software development methodologies and practices-- in order to help the broader Mission U.S. team reach our goal (100 million people actively engaging Scripture by 2026).
Work closely with the Sr. Manager, Ministry Mobilizers and the project management team to document and track project specs, requirements, technologies, and timelines; work with partners and users as needed to provide support on the Scripture tools.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet regularly with the Sr. Manager and the project teams to ensure priorities are in line with corporate goals and help balance new project requests accordingly.
- Communicate regularly with stakeholders to provide project updates, answer questions and foster strong relationships, while maintaining documentation of communications for historical purposes.
- Assist in developing and implementing efficient processes and procedures, logistical management through entire projects from initiation to closure.
- Collaborate with Ministry Mobilizers (in Mission U.S.) and project teams in other departments (e.g., Tech Solutions, Marketing, Research) to understand and plan for future projects.
- Manage Web, mobile, and print projects from initiation to closure and managing outside vendors as needed.
- Assist the team and the Sr. Manager with budgets, contracts, and operations, as needed.
- Assist, as needed, with front-line or 2nd tier customer services requests and assist with prioritizing the resulting fixes and new features.
- As needed, work with partners and ministries to provide coaching on the digital tools in order to increase their understanding and promote engagement.
Although there are no direct reports immediately, this person will work with functional team leads, developers, and vendors to ensure that resources are properly allocated for any given project.
Key Traits/Skills and Competencies:
- Passion for the Bible cause and its ability to impact lives.
- Fervent belief in the mission of the American Bible Society and its core values.
- 3+ years’ experience in project management, including Web application and/or software development projects
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Advanced skills in productivity and presentation software tools
- Project management training
- Experience in project management documentation
- Familiar with Workfront, Basecamp, Pivotal Tracker, Trello, Asana, or other online project tracking tools.
- PMP certification or interest in certification
- Experience with Christian organizations/ministries
- Comfort with online collaboration and communication tools (e.g., Slack, Skype, Dropbox, Trello, Asana)
- Ability to work effectively with both co-located and distributed teams.
- Highly self-motivated, initiative-taker, excellent self-manager
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR TRAINING:
- Undergraduate Degree
- Experience in Relevant Field: At least 3 years project management.
Hours: ☒Standard office i.e. 8:30-5, etc.
AMERICAN BIBLE SOCIETY’S MISSION:
Our mission is to make the Bible available to every person in a language and format each can understand and afford, so all people may experience its life-changing message.
AMERICAN BIBLE SOCIETY’S CORE VALUES:
We are looking for candidates who embody our core values of:
Value each other by serving, listening and reflecting God’s character.
Practice honesty, authenticity and transparency in word and action.
Embrace our diversity by aligning our collective strengths and unique gifts.
Honor God with our time, talents, partnerships and resources.
American Bible Society's Cultural Traits:
- SPIRITUAL VITALITY
- OUTCOMES ORIENTATION
- SERVANT LEADERSHIP