ministry: Senior Manager, Coalition Partnerships
Posted: December 8, 2016
To assist in the leadership and vision required to establish, manage, and grow five coalition groups to help Mission U.S. achieve the goal of seeing 100 million people actively engaging Scripture in the U.S. by 2026. This position serves as a primary role to help the Project Magellan execute its vision by creating momentum and building a coalition of key strategic advisors, funders, influencers, amplifiers, and organizations. The job requires attention to detail, plan, organize and execute convening events and regular communications, and engage and collaborate with a wide variety of audiences and partners.
- Assist with the oversight and management of coalition operations: coalition meetings and communication, engagement of partners, fiscal decision-making, strategic plan development, implementation, and evaluation.
- Manage and engage the following five coalition groups, all associated events, communications, and relationship cultivation:
- Advisory Council
- Coalition Funders
- Coalition Influencers
- Coalition Amplifiers
- Coalition Organizations
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Fervent belief in the mission of American Bible Society
- Passion for the Bible cause and its ability to impact lives, and the mission and core values of ABS
- Demonstrate transparent and high integrity leadership
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with a diverse and decentralized team
- Highly organized & detail-oriented (meet project goals and objectives)
- Strong program development
- Experience with group facilitation and processing
- Experience in data collection and project evaluation
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and relational skills
- Motivated, efficient, and focused on success of the whole company
- Respect of organizations, key leaders, and ministries
- Promote collaboration, communication, and shared decision making
- Highly personable, polite and reliable
Education and/or Training:
- Bachelor's degree required or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of experience in partnership development, event planning and organizational management
AMERICAN BIBLE SOCIETY’S MISSION:
Our mission is to make the Bible available to every person in a language and format each can understand and afford, so all people may experience its life-changing message.
AMERICAN BIBLE SOCIETY’S CORE VALUES:
We are looking for candidates who embody our core values of:
Value each other by serving, listening and reflecting God’s character.
Practice honesty, authenticity and transparency in word and action.
Embrace our diversity by aligning our collective strengths and unique gifts.
Honor God with our time, talents, partnerships and resources.
American Bible Society's Cultural Traits:
- SPIRITUAL VITALITY
- OUTCOMES ORIENTATION
- SERVANT LEADERSHIP