ministry: Sr Metro Ministry Mobilizer
Posted: July 27, 2017
The Sr Metro Ministry Mobilizer, Project Ignition, serves as a part of the management team of Project Ignition which is is focused on reaching ABS’ goal of 100 million people actively engaging Scripture by 2026. The mobilizers accomplish this goal by developing and managing metro ministry partnerships among the Catholic, Greek Orthodox and Protestant Church. In this role, he or she will build and scale our city-based Church collaboration and mobilization strategy, recruit and train volunteers, staff and/or consultants to support local initiatives, coach and help contextualize city mobilization efforts, and represent ABS interests to metro, regional and national audiences.
This work is performed within an assigned geographical area. One geographic area will include New York and Arizona states and the other will include the states of North Carolina, Texas, Penslyvania, Kansas and Missouri.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate closely with the Project Ignition Director and a small team of leaders on the on-going implementation of the Project Ignition mission
- Oversee metro-based Church partnership strategies, project goals, timelines, and measurement in assigned geographic areas within the United States including Catholic, Protestant and Greek Orthodox
- The Sr. Metro Ministry Mobilizer for the states of NY and Arizona will also have oversight of Project Ignition’s Roman Catholic Ministry and Multi-language/Hispanic ministry in the U.S.
- Build and manage a team of staff and consultants (and agencies, possibly) to develop, deploy, and continually evolve world-class projects and campaigns promoting and facilitating Scripture engagement in ways that are scalable and sustainable;
- Assist metro-based mobilizers and/or demographic specialists in assessing needs and building (or curating) solutions that incorporate Scripture and/or biblical resources into city-based Church ministry and Church movements;
- Cultivate relationships with key contacts throughout Church networks and denominations to facilitate wide-reaching marketing and distribution opportunities for Ignition projects;
- Work with ABS internal teams to push relentlessly for a high level of innovation, creativity and problem-solving to provide game-changing resources to our ministry partners;
- Work with ABS/Mission US research staff on the design and implementation of mechanisms for predicting and evaluating impact throughout campaigns or project life cycles;
- Align the budget to achieve Project Ignition's strategic goals;
- Travel to various US locations to meet with staff and ministry partners (estimated 20-40% travel);
- Represent strategy to our organization and other U.S. Partners;
- Collaborate closely with ABS’ Mission Advancement regional advisors for prospective fundraising and cultivation of existing financial partners; and
- Collaborate closely with ABS’ Faith and Liberty Discovery Center and Trauma Healing ministries on strategy in support of achieving 100 million people actively engaging Scripture by 2026.
- Oversee administration and internal operations pertaining to contract execution, expense and time reports
Essential Traits, Skills & Competencies:
- Passion for the Bible cause and its ability to impact lives
- Fervent belief in the mission of the American Bible Society and its core values
- Experience with Christian organizations/ministries
- Superior leadership, personnel management and development skills
- Superior strategic thinking and the ability to frame project approaches and structure thoughtful analysis
- Demonstrated success in people and project management
- Strong communication skills
- Proven analytical skills with the ability to explain complex information clearly and simply
- Ability to earn trust and credibility, and influence internal processes
- Demonstrated initiative, with an ability to set priorities and work according to milestones and deadlines
- Proficiency in office software and comfort with online collaboration and communication tools (e.g., Slack, Skype, Dropbox, Google docs)
- Ability to work effectively with both co-located and distributed teams.
- Highly self-motivated, initiative-taker, excellent self-manager
Education and Experience:
- 8+ years’ related experience in leadership and ministry
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Oversee a team of ministry mobilizers, administrative staff and consultants
- Some domestic travel required, including to the ABS Philadelphia headquarters, and as needed within assigned geographic areas.
AMERICAN BIBLE SOCIETY’S MISSION:
Our mission is to make the Bible available to every person in a language and format each can understand and afford, so all people may experience its life-changing message.
AMERICAN BIBLE SOCIETY’S CORE VALUES:
We are looking for candidates who embody our core values of:
Value each other by serving, listening and reflecting God’s character.
Practice honesty, authenticity and transparency in word and action.
Embrace our diversity by aligning our collective strengths and unique gifts.
Honor God with our time, talents, partnerships and resources.
American Bible Society's Cultural Traits:
- SPIRITUAL VITALITY
- OUTCOMES ORIENTATION
- SERVANT LEADERSHIP