ministry: Sr. Administrative Assistant
Posted: May 25, 2017
Provide administrative support to the Mission U.S. Managing Director. This person will facilitate various functions and activities related to our plan to see 100 million Americans actively engaging the Scriptures by 2026. Duties are to be carried out with integrity and conviction, with a high regard for professionalism, confidentiality, and with the distinct purpose of helping management be as effective as possible in carrying out their responsibilities.
EXPERIENCE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure effective operations by evaluating, directing, organizing, and prioritizing the administrative functions.
- Maintain calendars including, scheduling in person meetings, teleconference calls and ensure management is fully prepared for all appointments.
- Provide logistical support for meetings: assist in booking conference rooms, arrange IT support, produce and distribute meeting materials (i.e. agendas, manuals, correspondence.), fulfill guest’s travel arrangements and coordinate catering when applicable. Transcribe, draft and distribute meeting minutes.
- Undertake all aspects of domestic and international travel arrangements. This includes securing transportation, hotel reservations and visas when necessary.
- Assist with execution of proper agreements/contracts to secure partnerships and/or vendor relationships in tandem with MM Operations for liaison with ABS Legal, Finance etc.
- Process and approve expense reports, facilitate payment of invoices and check requests as well as other similar documents.
- Ensure that management is demonstrating responsible stewardship of organization’s funds by monitoring expenses and budgets.
- Provide appropriate assistance for management’s guests.
- Perform additional job related duties as required.
Essential Traits/Skills and Requirements:
- Passion for the Bible cause and its ability to impact lives.
- Fervent belief in the mission of the American Bible Society and its core values.
- Fluency with Microsoft Office, Apple, and Google work tools.
- Strong calendar, meeting/agenda scheduling and overall time management.
- Solid organizational, communicative skills, business writing skills.
- Analytical eye and attention to detail is crucial for this position.
- Strong interpersonal skills - ability to mesh well with internal and external partners and relationships.
- Competency and flexibility to complete special projects as assigned.
- Familiarity with web technologies.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work with a variety of teammates, facilitating collaboration and cooperation.
- Experience in budgeting and spreadsheet creation/management.
- Discretion in handling sensitive and confidential situations with/for Managing Director.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR TRAINING:
- Undergraduate Degree
- Experience in Relevant Field: 3 or more years of prior administrative experience.
Hours: Standard office i.e. 8:30-5
AMERICAN BIBLE SOCIETY’S MISSION:
Our mission is to make the Bible available to every person in a language and format each can understand and afford, so all people may experience its life-changing message.
AMERICAN BIBLE SOCIETY’S CORE VALUES:
We are looking for candidates who embody our core values of:
Value each other by serving, listening and reflecting God’s character.
Practice honesty, authenticity and transparency in word and action.
Embrace our diversity by aligning our collective strengths and unique gifts.
Honor God with our time, talents, partnerships and resources.
American Bible Society's Cultural Traits:
- SPIRITUAL VITALITY
- OUTCOMES ORIENTATION
- SERVANT LEADERSHIP