technology: Technology SharePoint Administrator
Posted: September 12, 2016
This position improves the effectiveness and efficiency of the Technology Solutions area by administrating ABS’ Microsoft SharePoint environment and conducting administrative tasks. Further, the Administrator provides analytical support for indirect sourcing projects. They work with outside vendors on cost improvement and to create better value delivery.
- Support, configure, and develop the SharePoint environments, which include ABS’ main intranet portal, team sites, external site and other extranet initiatives.
- Develop, configure and maintain document libraries, enterprise lists and site collections.
- Manage SharePoint end user accounts, permissions and access rights in accordance with best-practices regarding privacy and security.
- Support end users with all SharePoint related issues.
- Develop training materials and provide training to users with varying levels of skills.
- Analyze and assess existing business systems and procedures.
- Assist in the definition, development, and documentation of business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications on a project-by-project basis in collaboration with users, stakeholders, and customers.
- Assist with software development project plans, including scoping, scheduling, and implementation.
- Assist the Managing Director and Program Manager, Enterprise Systems in coordination of projects, and implementing procedures that will aid in achieving established objectives
- Perform word processing and produce spreadsheets, slide presentations, graphs, and other materials as requested by the Managing Director
- Passion for the Bible cause and its ability to impact lives
- Fervent belief in the mission of the American Bible Society and its core values
- Experience with SharePoint fundamentals including out of the box web parts, lists, content types, workflows, templates and master pages.
- Understanding of SharePoint administration including management of service applications, web applications, site collection administration, solution deployment, and backup/restore via Central Administration and PowerShell.
- Experience using SharePoint Designer and deploying solutions.
- Understanding of InfoPath forms development and deployment.
- Relational database and operating systems experience with MS SUnderstanding of Microsoft Visual Studio and Web systems architecture.
- Solid working knowledge of current Internet technologies.
- Prior experience interviewing end-users for insight on functionality, interface, problems, and/or usability issues.
- Experience developing test cases and test plans.
- Experience with the following environments: SharePoint 2007, 2010, 2013
- Good understanding of Office 365 (SharePoint online)
- Experience in Deploying SharePoint on premise instances.
Education and/or Training
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required (Business or Computer Science)
Highly self-motivated, initiative-taker, excellent self-manager; superior written and oral communications; highly personable, polite, calm under pressure; reliable, rigorous attention to detail and follow-through; efficient delegator, team coach, committed to continuous learning and improvement, able to manage budgets, processes and teams. Committed to the mission and core values of American Bible Society.
Our mission is to make the Bible available to every person in a language and format each can understand and afford so all people may experience its life-changing message.Submit your resume for this position »
AMERICAN BIBLE SOCIETY’S MISSION:
Our mission is to make the Bible available to every person in a language and format each can understand and afford, so all people may experience its life-changing message.
AMERICAN BIBLE SOCIETY’S CORE VALUES:
We are looking for candidates who embody our core values of:
Value each other by serving, listening and reflecting God’s character.
Practice honesty, authenticity and transparency in word and action.
Embrace our diversity by aligning our collective strengths and unique gifts.
Honor God with our time, talents, partnerships and resources.
American Bible Society's Cultural Traits:
- SPIRITUAL VITALITY
- OUTCOMES ORIENTATION
- SERVANT LEADERSHIP