ministry: Veteran Military Mobilizer
Posted: June 7, 2016
The Veterans Military Mobilizer is a member of the Armed Services Ministry Team and is responsible to implement and resource programs that assist our Veteran Administration Chaplaincy partners and churches to impact the lives of our Veterans, their families and their community. These programs will focus on providing resources to Veterans which lead them into a habit formation of regular, intentional Bible engagement leading to life transformation. The Veterans Military Mobilizer reports to the Senior Manager of ASM.
Armed Services Ministry projects and partnerships are organized around Mission U.S.’s goal to see 100 Million people in the U.S. engaging in Scripture by the year 2026.
Desired ministry outcomes also include expanding:
Veteran’s Ministry: A Scripture engagement program developed in partnership with the Veteran Affairs Chaplaincy to support, engage and equip VA chaplains and churches with Scripture based materials designed specifically to address the unique spiritual issues that Veteran’s have encountered or are currently encountering during deployment and post deployment activities and life.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage partnerships for program expansion
- Execute strategy, schedule, and budget
- Monitor multiple projects that impact Veteran’s spiritual journey and provide guidance and oversight to help them succeed
- Ensure program meets Mission U.S. and PPD standards for program evaluation
- Coordinate with legal for contracts and appropriate release forms
- Produce monthly progress reports for distribution internally as well as to partners
- Ensure that life-impact is accurately reported and recorded
- Maintain ongoing communication and supply relevant information to Mission Advancement for the purpose of exploring development opportunities
- Work with a researcher and inform on best practices for reaching target audience
- Manage schedule and budgets to ensure completion within designated time and financial parameters
- Work with Project Management Team to develop and maintain digital resources for Veterans
- Understand key internal and external players and their interdependencies. Must be able to liaise with internal staff, external vendors, and various partnership organizations with a spirit of collegiality.
- Travel including but not limited to team meetings, vendor meetings, partner meetings, industry conferences, military conferences and coordination meetings in various ABS office locations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Passion for the Bible cause and its ability to impact lives
- Fervent belief in the mission of American Bible Society
- 6+ years of demonstrated knowledge and experience with all aspects of planning process
- Working knowledge of standard program design
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong ability to execute plans and operations with a focused detail-orientation
- Familiar with military customs and courtesy
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Power Point
Education and Training:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Military and or VA Background
- Some travel
- Some evening and weekend duties
AMERICAN BIBLE SOCIETY’S MISSION:
Our mission is to make the Bible available to every person in a language and format each can understand and afford, so all people may experience its life-changing message.
AMERICAN BIBLE SOCIETY’S CORE VALUES:
We are looking for candidates who embody our core values of:
Value each other by serving, listening and reflecting God’s character.
Practice honesty, authenticity and transparency in word and action.
Embrace our diversity by aligning our collective strengths and unique gifts.
Honor God with our time, talents, partnerships and resources.
American Bible Society's Cultural Traits:
- SPIRITUAL VITALITY
- OUTCOMES ORIENTATION
- SERVANT LEADERSHIP