Posted: February 12, 2019
Responsible for ensuring incoming data integrity to the donor database of American Bible Society meets approved database standards. Data integrity is the foundation for all effective financial partner communications, providing trust and confidence in American Bible Society, which in turn facilitates effective fundraising. The post holder will be expected to welcome the opportunity to serve American Bible Society through his/her diligence and application of database experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Address caging vendor revenue exceptions before appending information on database.
- Import End of Month Revenue Files: Payroll/Gifts with Orders from American Bible Society’s recurring gifts.
- Monitor end users input to ensure there are no data integrity exceptions.
- Correct online revenue transaction exceptions from our vendor credit card: Braintree and Blackbaud merchant vendors.
- Import other data types as needed including, but not limited to:
- Prospects identified through strategic donor events, pre- and post-event.
- Interactions for event participants identified as requiring post-event follow up.
- Planned Giving prospects identified through survey mailings.
- Assist Field Support with importing prospect manager and primary manager.
- Assist Field Support with importing prospect plans and steps.
- Duplicate record management.
- Help document trends with user input to assist with identifying ongoing end-user training needs.
- Creation of Basic New Users on the Advancement Ministry (AM) database and an introductory review on basic functions.
- Perform and manage data cleanup projects.
- Assist Database Systems Analyst with troubleshooting; e.g. serve as Database Team backup.
- Help prepare data reports, training materials, business presentations, publications, marketing collateral, and other educational materials.
- Escalate data issues needing process re-engineering.
- Assisting with Major Giving Reporting and other projects as assigned; e.g. Advisor email alerts.
- Audit data on a regular basis to ensure data integrity and quality.
- Inform best practices on data hygiene/data integrity/exclusions and inclusions.
- Proficient database entry and reporting skills.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to focus for long periods.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and assistance.
- Strong organizational, communicative and business writing skills.
- Effective time management with attention to detail and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Well organized with excellent ministry service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside ministry and financial partners.
- Ability to work with a variety of teammates, facilitating collaboration and cooperation.
- Passion for the Bible cause and its ability to impact lives.
- Fervent belief in the mission of American Bible Society and its core values.
- Discretion in handling sensitive and confidential materials.
- Fluency with Blackbaud or similar database systems, Microsoft Office Suite, Excel (Intermediate).
- 3+ years of applicable experience.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize software applications.
- Demonstrated ability to use online collaboration tools, instant messaging, and file sharing systems (e.g. Dropbox, Basecamp).
- Strong interpersonal skills—ability to mesh well with internal and external partners and relationships.
- Competency and flexibility to complete special projects as assigned within a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in non-profit ministry preferred.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENT: Background checks are required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.