Posted: November 7, 2018
The Associate Application Developer will build and maintain internet and intranet applications for American Bible Society. This includes Drupal-based CMS sites utilizing multiple Drupal modules. Develop and support ecommerce and event-based sites that are PCI compliant and protective of PI data. Develop an advanced skillset in Drupal, mobile application, and analytic technologies by working with team leaders, and through self-learning. Advance the mission, brand and growth potential of American Bible Society through the innovative and impactful use of technology, data capture, and analytics. This position reports to the Systems Engineering Senior Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Engage with the development team, business analysts, designers, and others to develop world class solutions for American Bible Society
- Develop and support internet and intranet applications developed with Drupal 8 CMS and related modules, PHP, and other related technologies
- Develop and execute unit tests for all work output
- Implement sites from HTML markup or Photoshop designs
- Provide second level support for existing applications
- Develop database design and management skills in support of American Bible Society projects, and assist in the maintenance of databases where necessary
- Self-manage and report on open tasks and requirements, to complete work in a timely manner with emphasis on quality deliverables with minimal defects
- Recognize system deficiencies and implement effective solutions
- Accept and provide feedback on all work efforts, and proactively engage with internal and external team members to achieve optimal solutions
Essential Skills and Competencies
- Passion for the Bible cause and its ability to impact lives
- Fervent belief in the mission of American Bible Society
- 2+ years of experience in the design, development, and support of enterprise level public and private internet applications
- 1+ years of enterprise level Drupal experience is strongly desired
- Experience with writing and consuming RESTful and non-RESTful API services
- Experience in developing e-commerce applications along with PCI-compliant online payment technology
- Experience with MySQL databases (required) and other database solutions (preferred)
- Application of best practices in project management and SDLC principles, including QA and deployment.
- Prior use of version control and task management systems and concepts
- Understand browser-specific compatibility issues and solutions to cross-browser issues
- Ability to design and implement appropriate solutions based on defined requirements
- Ability to write technical documentation for related applications and software
- Experience in the development of mobile applications for IOS and Android is a plus
- Experience with data warehouse development and concepts is a plus
- Experience with data visualizations and concepts is a plus
- Experience with web/mobile data analytics gathering is a plus
- Experience with unit and visual regression testing is a plus
Self-motivated, initiative-taker, self-manager; excellent written and oral communications; highly personable, collaborative; reliable, follow-through on tasks and responsibilities, ability to multi-task; produce quality finished products with minimal rework; committed to continuous learning and improvement.
- No direct reports
- Follow best-in-class project management principles
Education and/or Training
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Digital Media, Human-Computer Interaction, Communication Design, or equivalent experience.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENT: Background checks are required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.