Posted: November 8, 2018
The U.S. Ministry (U.S. Ministry ) Business Analysis Associate will support operational, and tactical financial and capacity allocation functions across U.S. Ministry in support of efforts to move 3.7 million people along the Pathway of Scripture Engagement by 2021 and to achieve 100 million Americans actively engaging the Scriptures by 2026. Position reports to the Vice President, U.S. Ministry Integration for strategic direction and oversight. This person provide direct support to the VP in the areas of financial management, allocation management, budgeting, organizing, coordinating, managing, integrating, analyzing, evaluating, and reporting. This includes managing various tasks, missions, and communications on behalf of the VP. The Financial Project Associate will perform a variety of technical, administrative, project management and business analysis functions, in accordance with policies and procedures established by American Bible Society. Duties are to be carried out with integrity, competency, accuracy, and wisdom, with a high regard for professionalism, confidentiality, and diplomacy and in order to help the VP be as effective as possible in carrying out his/her responsibilities.
The Business Analysis Associate will be responsible for the timely and accurate collection, management, evaluation, and reporting of financial and capacity allocation data for U.S. Ministry teams, ministry partners, and financial partners while integrating and improving existing systems/processes within the larger framework of American Bible Society and ministry partner systems.
This person will provide technical assistance in the development and tracking of financial plans, budgets, expenditures, revenue assignment, capacity allocation ensuring that the U.S. Ministry leadership has accurate financial and capacity allocation information along with key resources needed for design and execution. This person will be involved in drafting and managing key financial and allocation reports and communications. The Associate will assist in tracking and navigating U.S. Ministry initiatives, programs, projects through American Bible Society’s Partner Process and various processes of ministry partners securing accurate and timely financial and allocation data for proposals, presentations, and detailed reports.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leadership of Financial and Capacity Allocation Projects
- Working with the Finance team, manage the U.S. Ministry budget process in coordination with American Bible Society’s budget cycle.
- Assist U.S. Ministry leadership with creating unit annual budgets, capacity allocation budgets, and provide financial/allocation information for U.S. Ministry plans.
- Assist Advancement Ministry, Finance Operations with U.S. Ministry revenue projections.
- Analyze revenue projections and American Bible Society budget andthen recommend allocation of funds for U.S. Ministry units.
- Monitor U.S. Ministry financial accounts and allocate funds to ensure that expenditures are aligned with plans and budget priorities.
- Manage and analyze assigned vendor contract payments.
- Provide timely and accurate budget status reports for use in ministry and financial partner reporting.
- Coordinate/manage projects assigned by the VP through assistance with financial planning, budgeting, financial analysis, revenue projections, expense reporting, data analysis for the generation of reports, correspondence, and presentations.
- Working across the organization, manage multiple due dates, milestones, timelines, required actions, and deliverables associated with each project.
- Ensure all required actions and promised deliverables associated with tasks are completed in an accurate, timely, and professional manner.
- Present ideas for improvements in financial and capacity allocation projects that would facilitate VP leadership objectives and create better stewardship.
- Process requests for financial and allocation information from U.S. Ministry team members and/or ministry partners and ensure timely and thorough response.
- Key Meeting Preparation/Facilitation:
- Work closely with VP’s Administrative Assistant and Operations Project Manager to remain apprised of/schedule commitments.
- Assist in preparation for, and facilitation of key U.S. Ministry meetings ensuring meeting financial and allocation deliverables are realistic, preparation is appropriate, and VP is well-prepared.
- Assist in preparation for, and facilitation of key American Bible Society meetings, ensuring meeting financial and allocation deliverables are realistic, preparation is appropriate, VP is well-prepared, and U.S. Ministry is well served.
- Attend meetings as required to capture major financial and allocation requirements/ actions, and work with VP to ensure follow up.
- Monitor progress/achievement of next steps.
- Interface between VP and U.S. Ministry teams, partners, and the senior leadership team on financial and allocation requirements. Serve as point of contact and integration across the organization for financial and allocation requirements.
- Support the needs of the U.S. Ministry staff in their ability to raise critical financial and allocation issues with the VP and receive needed responses, guidance, and decisions.
- Prepare follow-up correspondence for internal and external meetings, as directed by the VP
- Assist VP by managing financial and allocation program/project communications with Managing Directors, Directors, and Senior Managers regarding initiatives, programs, and projects.
- Proactively identify issues, elevating those issues about which the VP should be aware and framing/positioning ideas to resolve the problem.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills and Competencies:
- Passion for the Bible cause and its ability to impact lives
- Fervent belief in the mission of American Bible Society
- Excellent project management skills
- Multi-tasking and attention to detail is crucial for this position
- Fluency with Microsoft Office, Apple OS suite, SharePoint, Blue Jeans, web browser, and presentation software tools
- Strong knowledge of and experience with Excel
- Comfort with online collaboration tools (e.g. Slack, Skype, Sharepoint, Dropbox)
- Strong sense of stewardship – with the ability to use limited resources for maximum impact
- Ability to think strategically about tracking the efficiency and effectiveness of plans
- Self-motivated, creative, and able to communicate effectively in a variety of settings, styles, and formats
- Ability to develop clear, compelling, and concise reports
- Strong team player who embodies the values of American Bible Society
- Able to handle confidential and sensitive information properly
- Effective organizational, implementation, and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to mesh well with internal and external partners and relationships.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks
- Ability to set schedules and meet goals
- Self-directed, with the ability to identify gaps, barriers, and issues, and develop solutions
- Keen ability to think critically, analyze data, and solve problems
- Excellent written, verbal, reading comprehension and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work/interact with Senior Executive Management
- Excellent ability to collaborate
- Effective in working and relating to people of diverse cultures and backgrounds
- Proven track record in project management with strategic planning experience
- Experience planning and/or implementing ministry and programmatic activity
- Experience creating budgets, proposals, and reports
- Proficiency in all MS Office applications: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- Undergraduate degree required or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of related experiences with demonstrated accountability and accomplishments
Hours 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
Some evening and weekend duties
No travel is expected (limited if any)
SPECIAL REQUIREMENT: Background checks are required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.