Posted: March 7, 2019
Job Purpose/ Position Objective:
The Strategic Development Content team is seeking a content associate to research, curate, and develop content for print and digital channels for American Bible Society’s planned ENGAGE.BIBLE communications platform. The person in this position will take a lead role in the implementation of new concepts for Bible Engagement campaigns that will advance American Bible Society’s strategy to help 3.7 million people engage with Scripture by 2021 and 100 million Americans actively engaging the Scriptures by 2026. This position will ensure that print and digital copy provides resources to communicate the life-changing message of God’s Word.
- Research, develop, write, and edit copy for multiple platforms in support of U.S. Ministry’s Bible Engagement campaigns, including blogs, infographics, podcasts, books, apps, websites, and video.
- Communicate American Bible Society’s brand and Bible content through quality assurance standards control and innovative storytelling, including visual infographics.
- Contribute to the assessment of partner and external materials in online, video, and print channels.
- Contribute to the strategy and implementation of content marketing in online and print channels.
- Edit, proofread, and provide quality assurance for new and existing content.
- Ensure consistency in passion, message, and voice of American Bible Society materials and ensure compliance with American Bible Society’s style guide and content development standards.
- Collaborate with other writers, content manager, production manager, and designers throughout the content development process.
- Incorporate intelligence, research, and testing into development of communication.
Minimum qualifications individual must possess
- Passion for the Bible cause and its ability to impact lives.
- Fervent belief in the mission of American Bible Society and its core values.
- Sophisticated understanding of the Bible, biblical history, and theology.
- Excellent English language skills: grammar, vocabulary, and spelling.
- Understands current best practices for content strategy, industry trends, and writing for digital platforms.
- Proven excellence in written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to think creatively and implement innovative problem-solving.
- Understands the role of data and research in developing relevant content for specific audiences.
- Strong collaborative skills.
- Familiarity with Christian ministry, its language and usage, and ability to “translate” content for different audiences.
- Excellent observation and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to deliver on deadline.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced setting.
- Editing and copywriting experience.
- Ability to remain flexible and respond to changing priorities.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Proficient in Word and Adobe Acrobat. Facility with InDesign or InCopy is helpful.
Education and/or Training:
- Bachelor’s degree required with emphasis on English and/or writing.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in theology or applied biblical studies preferred.
- Experience in communications, product marketing, digital media production.
- 3+ years related research and editing experience.
- Strong writing and editing skills across print and digital platforms, including audio and video.
- Standard Work Hours: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
- Work Location: Philadelphia
- Possible domestic and international travel.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENT: Background checks are required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.