Posted: April 13, 2018
The Development Story Resource Assistant will actively contribute to our 100/100/$100M/$1B 10-Year Vision Targets by supporting in the administration and research of effective international and national fundraising storytelling assets that will be used for multi-channel direct response fundraising efforts (direct mail, telemarketing, digital giving), targeting general donors to support the organization’s overall mission. Direct Response Story Curation Assistant will report to the Development Story Resource Manager, to aid in research, collection, organization, assignment and tracking storytelling asset usage.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain electronic filing system for storytelling fundraising content assets including testimonies, news stories, photos, video, audio and research materials.
- Assist in the strategy and implementation to upgrade current electronic filing and tracking processes to enhance quick retrieval of direct response fundraising assets.
- Research and compile information and articles to add to the storytelling content assets to enhance changed life testimonies that will be used in direct response fundraising communications.
- Assist Story Resource Manager in migrating the storytelling tied to the ABS brand to the three ABS pillars of ministry outreach: translation, trauma healing, and transforming America. This will be accomplished through assisting the Manager with a strong story curation strategy for direct response fundraising newsletter stories, direct response fundraising appeals, digital giving, and telemarketing.
- Maintain good relationships with internal staff and external vendors by providing timely communication.
- Develop and maintain list of Bible Societies and outside partners contact information to ensure streamlined communication for fundraising content assets.
- Transcribe interviews and presentations to be used for financial partner fundraising appeals, newsletters, and digital giving thrusts.
- Participate in the review of written direct response fundraising content for accuracy to original storytelling content provided
- Assist Direct Response Projects & Content Manager as needed
- Fervent belief in the mission of American Bible Society
- Passion for the Bible cause and its ability to impact lives, and the mission and core values of ABS
- Familiarity with Christian ministry language and usage
- Strong organizational skills
- Recognition or ability to learn how powerful photographs and raw story elements help advance effective relationship fundraising communication.
- The desire to become a fundraising professional in a fast-paced agency-type environment
- Must be extremely organized and able to handle multiple priorities
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Acute attention to detail
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Strong collaborative skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, along with the ability to learn company systems
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- 1+ years nonprofit, fundraising or communications experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing, communications, or journalism
SPECIAL REQUIREMENT: Background checks are required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.