Posted: June 14, 2017
The overall position goal is to enhance ABS and MG’s collaborative efforts with international organizations to more effectively accomplish our mission.
This is done through:
- Researching and discovering proactively and strategically new corporate partnerships which will contribute to the accomplishment of MG’s strategic and operational plans.
- Leading and executing routine strategic, exceptional and creative elements of relationship that result in sustainability and vitality of existing partnerships, particularly, the coordination and advancement of the End-to-End (E2E) Program globally
- Matching unreached people group information with Bibleless people. information; identifying partners who are working among the overlapping people/language groups as a catalyst to project and capacity development
- Relating effectively to internal stakeholder(s) relative to shared corporate partnerships; so that internal stakeholders sense a high level of communication and are engaged at maximum levels of relevant organizational partnerships. Guiding, coaching, mentoring MG area field personnel with their Bible Society partners in implementing projects reflecting the partnered programs agreed upon with international organizations
- Measuring, tracking, analyzing, outcomes; effectively determining return on investment; achieving informed and accurate conclusions on partnerships representing highest level of engagement
- Potential involvement in organizational development with partner organizations with felt need for such, according to the Common Framework values and principles
- Ensure that every program/project aligns with our strategy of engaging people in 100% of languages and that implementation and funding of projects is done according with long-term goals and that internal plans and system of documentation are current and relevant.
Desired ministry outcomes include but not limited to:
Envision and facilitate the growth of E2E programs with current and additional new program providers, possibly beyond Jesus Film and FCBH, and implementing partners, including, but not limited to, national Bible Societies.
Coach, mentor and guide MG area staff to work with Bible Societies, mission partners and other implementers to launch E2E initiatives and carry them to completion due to effective planning and timely funding.
Director level management of E2E program that may include but not limited to, coordinate with other resourcing Bible Societies and the UBS Global Mission Team to provide support, monitor and acquire reports from Bible Societies implementing E2E projects; periodic reports of status, progress, pipeline potentials and funding status and projection of financial needs to Managing Director.
Assess and recommend E2E investment proposals based on project plans presented by Bible Societies.
New partnerships explored resulting in conclusive partnership decisions with concrete steps towards emerging partnerships or decisions to postpone near future partnership.
New partnerships’ interests are served and all internal stakeholders are informed and equipped.
Cultivating existing partnerships for growth and development of existing product relationships and new product relationships.
Working with Area Directors to determine the level of handoff of responsibilities for organizational partners and joint programs.
Manage the appropriate organizational partnership to an efficient and effective end serving ABS/MG and Partners’ goals.
Help identify and implement an information base (accessible to internal stakeholders) that matches unreached people group information with Bibleless people information.
Help identify and implement an information base (accessible to internal stakeholders) that identifies organizational partners working in overlapping people/language groups.
Contribute to new initiatives that may arise in ABS’ partnership with other major networks and partners, such as, but not limited to, UBS or ETEN.
- Passion for the Bible cause and its ability to impact lives
- Fervent belief in the mission of the American Bible Society and its core values
- Strong faith in Jesus Christ as Savior; God honoring lifestyle
- Known to be a person for prayerfulness, authenticity and sensitivity
- Passion for the Word of God and provision of the Word for every people group
- Championing ABS’ vision, mission, and values
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, or commensurate work experience
- 10+ years’ experience in organizational partnership, and program development within missions’ context
- Working knowledge of the fundamentals of organizational development, cross cultural field work, international consulting, or equivalent work experience
- Experienced and proven effective in mentoring others in cross cultural context
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally as much as a third of the year
- Experience and proven result in major donors’ philanthropic environment
- Self-motivated, well organized. Quality service oriented.
- Dependable and able to perform and deliver without close supervision.
- Excellent communication skills. Able to synthesize various perspectives into concise statements, present ideas and plans clearly, and convey enthusiasm for mission. Able to communicate in a second major world language is desirable.
- Effective in working and relating to people of diverse cultural backgrounds and different Christian confessions.
- Working knowledge of office productivity tools and use of cutting-edge communications techniques and technologies.
Our mission is to make the Bible available to every person in a language and format each can understand and afford so all people may experience its life-changing message.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENT: Background checks are required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.