Posted: June 6, 2018
Reporting to the Senior Vice President & Chief Financial Officer, the Director of Finance is accountable for all financial planning, reporting, and analysis for the organization. The position will act require working as a finance contact across all groups on financial targets as well as ad hoc analysis with a focus on building a team-oriented environment based on mutual accountability. The Director will also manage and develop staff.
Essential Functions: Responsibilities
In this role the Director will:
- Direct the organization-wide quarterly forecasting process and annual budgeting process.
- Lead the preparation of various monthly financial and operational reporting across all departments of the organization.
- Run cross-functional meetings to discuss financial performance vs. budget / forecast; understand implications of operational decisions on forward-looking financials.
- Prepare and direct the execution of various strategic and business analyses.
- Develop and coordinate the flow of information for KPIs and standardized reporting to relevant stakeholders.
- Take ownership of finance group deliverables such as Board presentations, actuals reporting, CFO requests, etc.
- Partner with Director of Accounting in supporting the annual audit and development of the IRS form 990.
- Actively manage and develop a team of three, including coaching, clear instruction on delegated tasks/projects as well as desired results; review work to confirm accuracy, completeness and provide timely feedback.
- Demonstrate a high level of accuracy, motivation and positive attitude around the accomplishment of the team’s objectives while remaining agile in a fast paced environment.
- Direct the work of two associates responsible for maintenance of accounting systems.
Staff Leadership & Development
- Manage and develop staff by providing guidance, training, and motivation.
- Set performance standards, review performance, and provide regular and ongoing feedback.
- Active participant on the Finance Leadership Team.
- Be influential and servant leader across departments.
- Proactively consult with and be responsive to the needs of the organization.
- Participatein or lead special projects as assigned.
Education and Essential Skills/Traits:
Minimum qualifications individual must possess when entering position.
- Fervent belief in the mission of American Bible Society
- Passion for the Bible cause and its ability to impact lives, and the mission and core values of ABS
- Undergraduate degree in accounting or finance
- CPA and/or CMA highly preferred
- Ten years plus accounting and finance experience, financial planning and analysis experience preferred, with five years management experience
- Non-profit accounting and finance experience
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and planning skills; ability to deal with complexity and ambiguity.
- Service and detail oriented; exceptionally well organized
- Collaborative leadership style; excellent communicator and strong negotiator
- Incumbent will work in an environment where a team approach is employed to achieve accomplishment of projects and tasks. Must be able to work with senior management as well as other levels within the organization. Work is regulated by timeliness and deadlines.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENT: Background checks are required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.