Posted: June 19, 2019
To coordinate the Office of CFO. Responsible for initiating, coordinating and, at times, supervising the daily operations and special projects assigned to the CFO and for steering his direct reports towards the efficient discharge of the financial, personnel, systems, and administrative aspects of their jobs. Responsibilities are to be carried out with a high level of professionalism.
- Responsible for the efficient day-to-day management of the Office of the CFO.
- Responsible for the coordination of meetings of the Finance-Audit and Investment Committees.
- Provide the CFO with required reports on a timely basis.
- Facilitate all Board-related reporting and materials required from Finance.
- Maintain the CFO’s calendar.
- Monitor all expenses charged against the CFO’s budget.
- Maintain clear communication between the CFO and the President’s Office.
- Review incoming correspondence and requests. Exercise judgment in determining to whom correspondence or requests for information should be directed.
- Perform word processing and produce financial and planning documents, spreadsheets, slide presentations, and graphs as needed.
- Special projects and analysis as requested by the CFO, including benchmarking and basic financial statement analysis.
- Assist Direct Reports of CFO, Managing Director of Investments and Treasury, the Director of Finance, and Director of Accounting, with preparation of committee meetings and materials.
- Distribute department mail, purchase supplies, and make travel reservations.
- Serve as back-up for finance functions such as accounts payable when needed.
- Fervent belief in the mission of American Bible Society.
- Passion for the Bible cause and its ability to impact lives
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- As a representative of the CFO, always represent the office with utmost courtesy and grace.
- Demonstrate ability to respond positively to changing situations.
- Professional and dependable.
- Trustworthy with confidential information.
- Advanced proficiency in Windows, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Understanding of financial and accounting topics preferred.
Education and/or Training
- College degree and minimum of five years’ experience in Executive role.
- Incumbent will work in an environment where teamwork is expected. Must be able to interact with senior management as well as other levels within the organization. Meeting deadlines are critical.
- Standard Work Hours: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
- Work Location: Philadelphia
SPECIAL REQUIREMENT: Background checks are required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.