Posted: March 23, 2018
The Mission Global (MG) Senior Funding Specialist will provide support to MG team in the functions of budget planning and financial operations by ensuring timely recording and processing of financial obligations as well as accurate reporting. This position is responsible to interact with other departments in ABS and with UBS-GMT, Bible Societies and mission partners for all financial matters.
Mission Global budget and financial operations
- Gather data and prepare drafts in preparation for the budget allocations for all areas and functions
- Ensure that all financial operations are timely and properly performed, including, but not limited to: tracking income sources, disbursement to projects, reconciling with UBS and ABS Finance records
- Keep updated records of all financial operations of Mission Global
- Update the data depository on grants and payments related to all international projects funded by ABS, including MG, illumiNations/ETEN, Mission Trauma Healing and Mission Advancement
Mission Global Partnership Projects
- Record subsequent/additional pledges in Solomon after project managers have recorded the grants for the upcoming year (usually after Aug)
- Monitor income from Partners according to the Letter of Collaboration, Memorandum of Understanding, Letter of Intent etc. in each case
- Process payment to United Bible Societies, Partners and Vendors.
- Record restricted gifts
- Assist the Funding Manager in the preparation of periodic summaries and reports on the referral, research and funding status of selected projects, and keep updated records of these operations
General administrative Departmental tasks
- Process expense reports, check authorizations, and purchase requisitions.
- Process electronic expense and attendance reports under the supervision of the Funding Manager
- Prepare an analysis of department expenses vs. approved budget, showing variances for the teams
- Maintain adequate records of operations
- Perform ad hoc special projects
- Fervent belief in the mission of American Bible Society
- Passion for the Bible cause and its ability to impact lives, and the mission and core values of ABS
- Servant leader and relentless implementer for value added results. Resonates with ABS Mission and values
- Strong working knowledge of accounting concepts, systems, principles, practices and processes
- Effective in working, communicating and relating to people of diverse cultures.
- Cross department collaboration
- Self-motivated, attention to detail, well organized. Customer service oriented
- Dependable and able to perform and deliver without close supervision
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. Advance Excel
- Understanding of internal systems and how to implement and streamline information
- Preferably bilingual with second language a major world trade language
Education and/or Training
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or commensurate work experience. Minimum 3 years’ experience in similar functions.
- Incumbent will work in an environment where a team approach is employed to achieve accomplishment of projects and tasks.
- Standard Office Hours 8:30 AM – 5 PM
SPECIAL REQUIREMENT: Background checks are required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.