Posted: August 31, 2018
The Gift Planning (GP) Analyst/Research Sr. Specialist is responsible to provide support in reference to the day-to-day administration matters for the various types of life income agreements under the control of American Bible Society. The Gift Planning Analyst/Research Sr. Specialist must demonstrate a commitment to the mission of American Bible Society. This individual will regularly handle highly confidential; donor information (including Social Security Numbers, Dates of Birth, Addresses and Phone Numbers.) This person must enjoy handling extensive amount of details accurately and must be completely trustworthy. The Gift Planning Analyst/Research Sr. Specialist reports directly to the Director of Advancement Services (Director) and is responsible to carry out the responsibilities listed below.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Engage in extensive interaction with our outside gift administration firm (currently BNY Mellon) and serve as contact for the Gift-Wrap database in fulfilling donor requests and monitoring accuracy and timeliness of responses or changes through a log-in/log out system so all changes are accurately recorded and completed precisely and in a timely manner by BNY Mellon.
- Analyze, prioritize and effectively research any available avenue to locate Missing Donors and Beneficiaries, in turn send documents to verify the information for changes of address or names. The Analyst/Research Sr. Specialist investigation is conducted via the review of Gift Planning records, various American Bible Society databases, Lexis Nexis, and internet search.
- Verify the identity and correct addresses for donors or beneficiaries and complete follow-up calls and letters. (Information on address issues to be handled may come from Stale Dated Checks, Returned Checks, Mail or from BNY Mellon Reports, such as the Outstanding Check Log, Returned Check Log, etc.)
- Review returned mail, with various databases Gift Wrap, Lexis Nexis, etc., to determine the Donor or Income Beneficiary status, for records to be noted appropriately with the updated information about the Donor/Beneficiary.
- Ensure the timely and accurate process of ACH/EFT forms requiring handling in reference Charitable Gift Annuities, Charitable Trusts and Pooled Income Fund accounts.
- Process the address/name changes correspondence and follow up; the handling of correspondence received by mail, e-mail, and telephone, which may require further follow up seen to completion of each matter within 24 hours.
- Write timely letters to missing donors or Income Beneficiaries when notified of stale-dated checks or replacement checks (using standard form letters).
- Ensure proper scanning of all Donor/Beneficiary documents, including but not limited to life income agreements, change of address, electronic funds transfer forms, donor status updates, W-9 forms, etc.
- Keep scanned files organized in a pre-determined naming convention; store electronic files into Documentum/Sharepoint system, as well as other storage devices and locations.
- Assist with the verification of the legal status of Donors or Beneficiaries, the validity of Powers of Attorney, the correct status regarding Medicaid, Medicare, or Housing, the legal status of Guardians, the logging of court proceedings, etc. This may involve all forms of communication (phone calls and letters) and includes confirming the Donor or Beneficiary signatures or additional work as needed. Information about a donor must be controlled and provided only to parties legally able to receive the information.
- Verify beneficiary’s income for government agencies, as necessary.
- Record all donor activities (including contacts with the donors, their advisors or their family members) in the CRM/Blackbaud database systems and use it as a primary means of tracking donor relations.
- Answer department #800 line related to donor and beneficiary inquiries/requests and other American Bible Society-related constituents.
- Projects as assigned by the Director of Advancement Services.
The following responsibilities for cross-training and for backup purposes:
- Analyze and reconcile the Gift Planning Department records to ensure all Change of Address, Deceased and Suppression updates noted on Share point are reflected on Blackbaud and Gift-Wrap.
- Provide final review of all new gift agreements and ensure the signature of an authorized Director or Corporate Officer is completed on the documents for American Bible Society prior to mailing the documents for the donor’s signature. Follow up to ensure the donor’s documents are returned with the proper signature and notary statement.
- Serve as backup to monitor the Endowments under the Endowments Manager in Accounting to ensure regular contacts are made, recorded, and provide the information for an endowment report delivered to the Field Support Specialist (Marketing) to the endowment holders (at least annually).
- Assist with opening, reviewing, and distributing the mail daily with supervisor.
- Be able to maintain proper filing and file maintenance for Charitable Trust and Pooled Income Fund donors, including filing of K-1’, IRS tax returns and any correspondence relating to these donors.
- Maintain an updated Top Donor/Partner list (in one or more databases) for each Advisor in the region and provide research assistance to complete a donor profile for each assigned donor or prospect, as requested by the Advisors in the region.
- Provide support for events and other gatherings being held in the region, including invitations, supplies, program, and follow-up.
- Analyze and report on results of marketing activities to the Director of Advancement Services.
- Assist in maintaining the donor databases (Blackbaud and Gift Wrap) regarding mail suppressions.
- Fervent belief in the mission of American Bible Society.
- Passion for the Bible cause and its ability to impact lives, and the mission and core values of American Bible Society.
- Strong attention to detail and analytical. Must enjoy handling extensive amount of details accurately.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and with the daily intense requirements of the job, be flexible and dependable, be cooperative and be able to work on multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines and report progress to the Director.
- Handle extremely confidential information and be able to communicate effectively with donors and field staff.
- Adaptability to a dynamic work environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of computers and computer peripheral devices such as PCs, scanners and other digital equipment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of PowerPoint and other Windows software.
- Willingness to learn new digital related software applications and content management systems.
- Minimum 2 years+ background in banking, finance, legal environment, or non-profit development office.
Education and/or Training
- Bachelor’s degree (Required), preferably in Business Administration or Accounting
- Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and other Windows software
- Knowledge of all types of Planned Giving Instruments and their uses
- You will work within the office environment with your colleagues 95 percent of the time. Work outside the office relates to training and/or activities pertaining to the office.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENT: Background checks are required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.