Posted: August 29, 2018
The Gift Planning Team Sr. Specialist is responsible to provide support in reference to the day-to-day administration matters for the various types of life income agreements under the control of American Bible Society, as well as provide administrative assistance to the Field Operations. Prepare monthly department reports such as, but not limited to, the Production and Marketing Reports. The Gift Planning Team Sr. Specialist must demonstrate a commitment to the mission of American Bible Society. This individual will regularly handle highly diverse, complex administrative tasks and highly confidential donor information (including Social Security numbers, dates of birth, addresses and phone numbers.) This person must enjoy handling extensive amount of details accurately and must be completely trustworthy.
The Gift Planning Team Sr. Specialist reports directly to the Director of Advancement Services (Director) and is responsible to carry out the responsibilities listed below.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Engage in extensive and confidential internal and external communications (written and oral) with professional courtesy to serve the needs and interests of American Bible Society’s constituency.
- Work regularly with our professional Regional Advisors to resolve Donor and Beneficiary concerns or questions.
- Prepare and analyze data for regularly scheduled or special reports, such as:
- Prepare and compile data for departmental and Advisors monthly production and activity reports from Blackbaud Database or other designated source(s.)
- Provide a Quarterly Marketing Analysis report of all current marketing activities (field staff, direct mail, Passport, Gift Planning Newsletter, website, etc.) with comparisons to previous years.
- Prepare Budget Variance Reports.
- Manage the termination agreement process, ensure the required paperwork is on file to meet audit requirements, such as for the small Agreement close-out Project and Death Audit Report. Includes research of Lexis Nexis and other resources to settle file reconciliation requirements.
- Facilitate the marketing regulatory documentation process to meet audit requirements; includes coordination with marketing vendors and internal departments.
- Update and maintain files of all samples of marketing mailing for various marketing projects during current fiscal year.
- Ensure the creation of all appropriate marketing codes for input into the databases (Blackbaud or Gift Wrap), which includes working with the vendors.
- Review and apply the system codes for easy identification of each Gift Planning Marketing Appeal Mailing.
- Initiate the submission process of Gift Planning collateral project requests to Marketing Team; includes obtaining quotes for collateral production.
- Assist with the Risk Review process for the Gift Planning Marketing materials and appeals.
- Ensure timely and accurate gift processing related to outright gifts and legacy distributions received.
- Process the address/name changes correspondence and follow up; the handling of correspondence received by mail, e-mail, and telephone, which may require further follow-up seen to completion of each matter within 24 hours.
- Analyze and reconcile the Gift Planning Department records to ensure all Change of Address, Deceased, Suppression and all additional administration requests provided via Sharepoint to BNY Mellon - Gift Administration Agent - are reflected on Blackbaud and Gift-Wrap.
- Manage and be liaison with File Bank for the Gift Planning team, track the listing of all records/agreement maintained offsite storage.
- Answer department #800 line related to donor and beneficiary inquiries/requests and other American Bible Society-related constituents.
- Record all donor activities (including contacts with the donors, their advisors, or their family members) in the Blackbaud database systems and use it as a primary means of tracking donor relations.
The following responsibilities for cross-training and backup purposes:
- Create Planned Gift proposals for donors who have inquired about gift planning needs in coordination with the Advisors in a region and with the Director. Settlement required within 24 – 48 hours turnaround.
- Update and maintain donor entries in American Bible Society’s database(s) in coordination with the Advisors, including the possible transcribing of audio recordings from Advisors.
- Provide administrative support for events and other gatherings being held in the region, including invitations, supplies, program, and follow-up.
- In coordination with the Director maintain an inventory of project reports, brochures, reports, and forms, and distribute to the field teams as needed.
- Conduct quality assurance on all scanned files and maintains workflow of scanning operations.
- Ensures proper scanning of all donor beneficiary documents, including but not limited to life income agreements, change of address, electronic funds transfer forms, donor status updates, W-9 forms, etc.
- Keeps scanned files organized in a pre-determined naming convention.
- Stores electronic files into documentum system, as well as other storage devices and locations.
- Prepares confidential information for digitization within 72 hours.
- Handles maintenance, follow-up, and resolution of all documentum file matters.
- Assist in maintaining the donor databases (Blackbaud and Gift Wrap) regarding mail suppressions.
- Process gifts of securities from any Donors with our Investment or Accounting Department and their outside professionals, including preparation of Securities Transmittal forms, completion of IRS Form 8283, and notifying the Regional Advisor(s).
- Responsible for the tracking and reporting of Bequest activities; track, maintain and monitor all Charitable Bequest Gifts (relate to Donors, Regional Advisors, Legal office, etc.)
- Evaluate and Settle required action steps, including follow up with constituents, pertaining to Monthly Outstanding Check and Returned Check Reports received from BNY Mellon – Gift Administration Agent.
- Verify donor legal status, Power of Attorney, Medicaid, Medicare, Housing, legal Guardians, court proceedings, etc. This involves phone calls and letters and confirmation of signatures or additional work, as needed. Information about a donor must be controlled and provided only to parties legally able to receive the information.
- Open and review department mail daily and disseminate to the appropriate team member for further handling.
- Manage outgoing mail in a timely manner to all Advisors working with other Specialists and under the supervision of Director for proper handling.
- Order supplies for the Partner Care, Campaign, and Gift Planning Teams, which includes and is not limited to ordering office supplies, business cards, business stationery, etc.
- Assist with the office setup for new Partner Care, Campaign, and Gift Planning Teams staff, which includes, but not limited to, the completion of internal paperwork with Helpdesk and ordering of computer equipment, working with the Director.
- Knowledge and understanding of computers and computer peripheral devices such as PCs, scanners, CD burners (internal and external), and other digital equipment.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Adaptability to a dynamic work environment.
- Possess strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Demonstrate strong attention to details. Must enjoy handling extensive amount of details accurately.
- Ability to meet deadlines and report progress to Director.
- Willingness to learn new digital related software applications and content management systems.
- Trusted to handle extremely confidential information and be able to communicate effectively with donors and field staff.
- Ability to deal with pressure and the daily intense requirements of the job, be flexible and dependable, be cooperative, be able to work on multiple tasks/projects simultaneously, and be a self-starter.
- Minimum 2 years background in banking, finance, legal environment, customer service environment, or non-profit development office.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge of PowerPoint and other Windows software.
Education and/or Training
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business Administration or Accounting or at least 5 or more years related experience in relevant field is preferred.
- Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and other Windows software
You will work within the office environment with your colleagues 95 percent of the time. Work outside the office relate to training and/or activities pertaining to the office.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENT: Background checks are required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.