Posted: June 19, 2019
Job Purpose/ Position Objective:
The Help Desk Representative will be a member of the Help Desk team for the Technology Solutions organization in service to achieving American Bible Society’s (ABS’) strategic goals and advancing its mission. This position will identify, investigate, resolve, and follow-up problems brought to the Help Desk by users of personal computers, servers, network and telecommunications/cell phones in an environment that includes Intel/Windows and Apple/MAC operating systems. Communicate with users to help understand and resolve their problems. Follow established procedures or develop innovative new solutions to user problems. Prioritize and schedule own activities so that work is completed on time. Use problem management databases or other help desk software as directed. Coach less-experienced Help Desk staff and help them resolve user problems. The Help Desk Representative will be responsible for engaging with all levels of the organization to resolve incidents, problems and service requests and will abide by all applicable ABS Technology Solutions Policies and Procedures.
- Assist users in solving problems using available hardware and software tools.
- Evaluate device configuration and software to ensure effective use of hardware resources.
- Field level 1 through level 2 issues to resolution from initial point to finish.
- Install & configure of end user software, eg: MS Office, MS Office 365 tools
- Observe cybersecurity & safety regulation in particular to virus and malware protection.
- Provide applicable technical support and training for users
- Provides positive customer experience with each customer interaction.
- Relocate & install PCs, printers & other peripherals including standard software within all locations.
- Supports, installs, and maintains desktops, laptops, macs, software, and related IT supported peripherals
- Update hardware/software asset data using Asset Center database upon installation or relocation of any PC equipment.
- Provision ABS-provided cell phones
Specific Roles / Responsibilities:
- Phone/remote and desk side/in person support troubleshooting issues.
- Basic PC/Laptop support concepts is required for this position.
- Candidate must be able to self-manage as well as prioritize issues as they come in.
- Flexibility to work out of normal working hours as and when required.
- Participate on the execution of maintenance/new implementations affecting local IT Infrastructure.
- Prior Android/Apple phone set-up experience
- Provide “hands and eyes” support for other groups such as Network and Server Ops and application development groups.
- Setup and assist corporate users with video conferencing software
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills in both hardware and software.
- Total Contact Ownership and document all customer interactions in the Service Desk Ticketing system.
Competencies and Preferred Skills:
- Passion for the Bible cause and its ability to impact lives with a fervent belief in the mission of the American Bible Society.
- 3+ years’ experience supporting Desktop and Windows / MAC environments.
- A strong sense of urgency to resolve issues efficiently for clients.
- Advanced proficiency in basic user-application software, such as MS Office, Sharepoint and Office 365.
- Excellent documentation and face-to-face, telephone, and e-mail communication skills.
- Experience working with a procurement team / vendor to resolve hardware and warranty issues.
- Rudimentary knowledge and understanding of Networks, Routers, and Switches.
- Must be able to communicate professionally with a wide range of customers to define requirements for service requests and ensuring timely problem resolution.
- Proficiency with Windows and Mac Desktop Operating Systems, Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, and Excel). Visio and Manage Engine, Desktop Central and ServiceDesk Plus is a plus.
- Proficient in English (written & oral), Pleasant personality & positive attitude, Effective end user communication, analytical skills & customer oriented.
- Self-motivated, follow directions, and work well with others as part of a team.
A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university ideally with a concentration in IT or (related discipline equivalent work experience) is preferred.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENT: Background checks are required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.