Posted: May 16, 2018
The Internal Audit Senior Manager is responsible for the internal audit function of American Bible Society (ABS) and will report directly into to the Audit Committee and administratively to the CFO. He/she will be responsible for executing ongoing risk assessment, control identification, audit execution and continuous monitoring activities across ABS.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for audit planning, control evaluation, audit testing, audit report drafting and follow-up and verification of issue closure.
- Proactive coordination/interaction with senior management to build relationship and keep abreast of organization changes and development.
- Communicate audit findings to management and identify opportunities for improvement in the design and effectiveness of key controls.
- Accountable for Audit Committee deliverables, adhering to department and professional standards and utilizing consistent methodology.
- Maintain a three-year audit plan, prepare annual audit plan based on risk assessment and monitor annual budget to ensure that audit work was adequately performed and maximum utilization of resources
- Identify audit entities/units and define audit strategies. Perform risk assessment and develop audit programs to test the control design and operating effectiveness of internal control and regulatory compliance
- Work collaboratively and effectively with external auditors to ensure audit engagements are successfully completed in an efficient manner
- Work collaboratively and effectively with co-sourcing audit staff to complete financial, program, administration, operational and technology audits and compliance reviews
- Follow up and report on prior audit recommendations' status
- Provide periodic update of annual audit plan status and presents internal audit findings to the Audit Committee
- Keep Audit Committee abreast of changes and/or new developments impacting the risk profile of ABS
Essential Traits/Skills: Minimum qualifications individual must possess
- Passion for the Bible cause and its ability to impact lives.
- Fervent belief in the mission of the American Bible Society
- Excellent communication (i.e. verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, with the ability to present complex and sensitive issues to senior management and influence change.
- Proven ability to be able to multi task, complete projects on time and on budget, and adjust to changing priorities.
- Strong analytical skills particularly in regard to assessing the probability and impact of an internal control weakness.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced setting, to remain flexible and respond to changing priorities
- Familiarity with Christian ministry language and usage
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Accounting)
- Min. 5 years’ experience in Internal Audit or non-profit organization
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) a plus
SPECIAL REQUIREMENT: Background checks are required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.