Posted: February 14, 2018
Job Purpose/ Position Objective:
The Manager, Program Management Office (IT) will strategically serve as a business solutions partner and as program manager/program integrator for the American Bible Society (ABS) Technology Solutions organization. This position will serve as main point-of-contact between the Technology Solutions team, major suppliers, organization Community of Excellence (COE) leaders, external consortiums, business partners, ministries and other corporate functional organizations. The Manager will collaborate closely with external senior clients and business owners as well as will play a significant role in demonstrating IT differentiation through the development and deployment process and ongoing client partner and donor relationships. This individual will possess excellent strategic capabilities, business acumen, customer relationship and team management capabilities, as well as proven experience in successfully managing new and on-going enterprise contracts, driving projects and delivering significant business impact. Excellent leadership, communication, customer and client relationship skills, and presentation capabilities are key to the success of this very strategic and impactful role. Reporting to the Managing Director, Technology Solutions (IT), the Manager will be responsible for engaging with all levels of the organization to develop roadmap and execution plans that align with the Mission, Vision and Focus of ABS.
- Assume stewardship of, and utilize and maintain a Product and Project Management process for governance and allocation of resources across day-to-day as well as new enterprise business programs. This would include priority-setting and execution success measurements and Key Success Measurements (KSMs)
- Manage enterprise-wide business contractors and cost efficiencies
- Liaison with internal business owners and external partners via a business steering committee / partner process to determine IT priorities and resource needs
- Engage and integrate with outside consortiums as required by Partner Programs
- Assist the business owners to determine high level requirements and success measures and translating them into IT requirements and commitments
- Assist the business owners create the business case / Develop the ROI model, obtain funding and establish the program and project success plan
- Work with process owners and internal IT managers to mobilize required resources against approved projects, including integration with outside partners
- Manage major milestones and provide / coordinate deployment with business owners, partners and donors; Provide consulting expertise to external partners, donors and consortiums as required
- Develop a cadence of communication and knowledge sharing within the IT organization, with process owners/senior staff, and with external partners.
- End-to-End program management and integration of all Program tasks and deliverables across the IT organization with a focus on adopting and executing standardized processes and tools for all initiatives
- Lead the entire project life-cycle through the project inception, requirements, business case and scope through to implementation and change management
- Oversee the formation of cross-functional key stakeholder committees responsible for evaluating all business projects and prioritization process
- Implement a stakeholder inclusion and business alignment process with the corporate, Ministry, client/partners and donor communities to ensure needs and priorities are identified and communicated to the organization
- Foster and enable an open, collaborative, synergistic environment among the business and IT
- Engage closely with all constituents and disciplines internal and external to the IT organization so that projects meet expectations and drive intended value
- Develop and coordinate the consolidated project portfolio and related internal milestone / status reports for executive management
- Develop short and long-term strategies and provide the leadership necessary for the successful design, development, and execution of that strategy in a timely, cost effective, and quality basis. Drive operational execution to ensure project timelines are met and solutions are in place by agreed upon due dates
- Oversee projects and a portfolio of packaged and custom applications that meet their executional framework goals and objectives of each process owner
- Participate in building a highly productive, motivated and driven team through strong communication, empowerment, reward and coaching techniques
- Keep current with trends and issues in the IT industry, including current and evolving technologies and prices. Advise, counsel, and educate executives and management on their competitive or financial impact
- Partner with the business process leaders and other key stakeholders to drive innovation, change and implement new business processes and systems to drive value to the organization and further the mission of ABS
- Maintain close working relationship with senior business leaders, various functional leaders, and senior executives across the ABS operating portfolio
- Drive the Quality Assurance and Testing of all applications to specified requirements and timelines.
- Develop and maintain key ABS vendor/supplier relationships and ensure a consistent process for invoicing, audit and cost allocation
Essential Skills: Minimum qualifications individual must possess:
- Passion for the Bible cause and its ability to impact lives.
- Fervent belief in the mission of the American Bible Society.
- Requires 5 (or more) years of management experience in an IT or functional Leadership capacity
- Proven experience leading large and complex projects and environments
- Proven experience in contract management and vendor development
- Experience with Program Management and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methods and practices
- Ability to present to and interface with internal and external clients and customers, to recommend and implement successful, cost effective IT solutions
- 6026Strong business planning skills to execute strategic projects with implications for business areas with rapidly evolving business needs. Possesses a balanced perspective on strategic and tactical issues
- Experience with full systems development life cycles in both custom developed applications and packaged solutions. Analyze and recommend custom vs. packaged solutions taking into account the long term total cost of ownership, speed to market and business competitive advantage
- Proven ability to integrate internal / external resources and create a productive environment that promotes initiative, innovation, continual learning and development of key personnel for future advancement.
Key Competencies and Attributes:
The Manager must be self-confident but must also have the ability to network and influence behaviors/actions through listening, persuasion and diplomacy. She/he should have well developed management and people skills, as well as strong analytical and reasoning skills. The successful placement must have a strong sense of commitment to the mission of ABS and the position, and be enthusiastic about the opportunity to make a substantial contribution to its continued growth.
- A leader with business savvy who possesses the maturity, drive, patience and knowledge and relationship management skills necessary to work through the organization – someone who ‘gets things done’
- A team player who collaborates well with peers, subordinates and superiors
- An effective communicator who thinks strategically and has a strong customer service orientation
- Independent thinker; capable of managing partners, vendors and peers
- Action oriented; not afraid to roll up her/his sleeves and get into the details
- Participative management style – advocates team-development concepts
- Sound judgment and good communication skills; able to communicate effectively with both internal management and external providers/suppliers
- Articulate executive who understands the organization and mission and can talk about it both internally and externally.
- A leader who effectively deals with ambiguity and holds him/herself accountable regardless of responsibility.
Education and/or Training:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university ideally with a concentration in IT or (related discipline / equivalent work experience); an advanced degree is desirable, but not required.
Reporting and Management Structure:
This position reports to the Managing Director, Technology Solutions (IT) and will potentially oversee 2-3 business process areas as well as enterprise contracts and programs
Office located in center-city Philadelphia. Minimal travel expected. Core Hours: 8:30 – 5:00.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENT: Background checks are required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.