Posted: August 9, 2018
The Trauma Healing team works with a vast network of global partners to help the Church address the effects of trauma and loss through an integration of biblical and mental health principles. Our ministry model is built on the Healing Wounds of Trauma suite of materials by means of a Training of Trainers framework. The main objective is to create a critical mass of Master Facilitators in each region of the world who have the knowledge, skills, and experience to qualify, train, and certify people from churches, organizations, and local communities to provide Bible-based Trauma interventions.
The Managing Director will provide leadership for all aspects of the Trauma Healing team. This includes 1) ensuring operational efficiency and effectiveness; 2) overseeing the development of high-quality materials and products that serve the global church; 3) ensuring that all trainings and other Trauma Healing events are meeting the highest standards of quality and impact; 4) developing and maintaining healthy partnerships across the United Bible Societies fellowship and beyond, including other global ministry organizations; 5) building a clear strategy and strong culture to provide the foundation for global growth; 6) providing strong, servant leadership with clear vision and a healthy integration of learning and execution; and 7) working closely with Advancement Ministry to raise more funds for this global ministry.
- Mobilize the Trauma Healing team and partners around a clear, compelling, and shared vision for how Bible-based trauma healing can transform churches and communities around the world.
- Ensure Trauma Healing contributes in concrete ways to the organizational goals of American Bible Society.
- Provide direct leadership of key staff focusing on material development, training/mentoring, and operations.
- Oversee the development of strategic and operational plans for Trauma Healing.
- Nurture existing partnerships and develop new ones to ensure continued global expansion.
- Represent the Trauma Healing team and ministry in key meetings with a wide range of global ministry partners and financial partners.
- Pursue opportunities to represent Bible-based trauma healing at national or international conferences and strategic dialogues around the world.
- Provide global leadership for the Trauma Healing Alliance and the Trauma Healing Institute.
- Ensure that the global Community of Practice is being motivated, inspired, and equipped to grow and expand this ministry around the world.
- With capacity and strategy in mind, pursue appropriate opportunities for ministry impact as demand arises (e.g. natural disasters, global crises, special funding opportunities, etc.)
- Oversee the development and management of a dashboard of key performance indicators to track budget and impact on a regular basis.
- Oversee the development of impact measurement to ensure that the Trauma Healing ministry is having the outcomes we intend for communities around the world.
- Create a learning environment within built-in mechanisms for responding to appropriate feedback from the field to ensure that the Trauma Healing program is always improving.
- Passion for the Bible cause and its ability to impact lives.
- Fervent belief in the mission of the American Bible Society and its core values.
- Proven skills in leading diverse teams.
- Proven intercultural intelligence, with the ability to successfully lead and partner with people from different global cultures.
- Disciplined approach to goal setting, monitoring results against a plan, and moving a team towards execution of a plan.
- Initiative and the ability to work independently.
- Exceptional written, oral, and presentation communications.
- Ability to live out core values including openness, humility, and other key personal and organizational core values.
- 10+ years of global leadership experience
- Experience working cross-culturally
- Experience working on a creative and agile team
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- College degree required
- Further certifications and degrees a plus
- Frequent domestic and international travel required
SPECIAL REQUIREMENT: Background checks are required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.