Posted: June 20, 2018
The American Bible Society (ABS) is currently seeking a Network and Systems Security Engineer with vision and experience to advance our solutions and mission. This cutting-edge opportunity will afford you the ability to advance your system administration, network and cybersecurity skills by working within a cloud-based and local environment to maintain, secure and monitor our internal and external network and compute resources.
The Engineer will be responsible for the proactive management and monitoring of local and cloud servers, network access points, telecommunications, and database, data networks and storage devices supporting the ABS users and application systems portfolio. The position will have responsibility for the overall network and compute resources, including required patches, upgrades, security and the continual maintenance of PII and PCI / data privacy certifications in the environment. This position requires regular interaction with TS teams, business users, and managed-services providers to troubleshoot issues, advise on application and system upgrades, and maintain overall system security in our WAN and LAN. This role requires work as needed outside of normal business hours to perform network maintenance, and upgrades during times of least impact on users.
This Position reports to the Manager, Systems and Server Environments (TS).
- Perform proactive analysis of data and telecommunications network needs and contributes to design, integration, installation and maintenance of network architectures, VPNs, and firewalls.
- Perform intrusion monitoring,incident management and corrective action planning. Maintains web security & secure email and other network appliances.
- Maintain network hardware, software and documentation, the topography which includes servers, peripherals, WAPS, switches, routers and network nodes.
- Assist with infrastructure maintenance to include applying Windows and Linux updates, server firmware upgrades, backup management and disaster recovery across all OSI layers as needed.
- Work with managed services providers to ensure that the entire network platform provides sufficient resources to deliver the desired level of business performance.
- Maintain configuration & change management processes and documentation for Server, network and software components.
- Evaluate server, network, and software requirements and capabilities and makes recommendations for performance and/or cost improvements.
- Optimize system performance and initiate recovery action after system failures.
- Coordinate authentication rules, systems access and security; performs IT audits as required.
- Monitor and maintain network stability and intrusion alerts, collect and analyze network and memory/storage utilization, and take the necessary corrective/proactive cybersecurity actions to maintain environment to organizations required PCI/PI levels
- Manage environment certificates, and domain names
- Coordinate third-party maintenance for network hardware, software and telecom services.
- Develop or establish strong relationships with service providers; Supports negotiations with consultants and vendors for services and products.
- Support the efforts of the Systems Engineering, Systems Management and Customer Service Teams in support of applications and user initiatives including Tier-2 support.
- Stay current in the advancement of network technology and aware of the changing nature of cybersecurity threats.
Education and Essential Skills/Traits:
Minimum qualifications individual must possess when entering position.
- Passion for the Bible cause and its ability to impact lives, and the mission and core values of ABS
- ·Bachelor's degree in Information Systems or a similar discipline / work experience
- 4+ years of experience in the support of various application platforms and in a cloud-based environment
- 2+ years of experience in cybersecurity forensics, troubleshooting and traces
- Expertise in the management of solutions in the Microsoft Azure cloud
- Active working experience with management or development in the Amazon Web Services (AWS) computing stack (OpsWorks, IAM, EC2, ELB, Elastic Beanstalk, Redshift, and RDS)
- Expertise developing queries and scripts
- Basic understanding of Linux shell scripting and dev-ops support
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required and ability to communicate with peers and end users; strong aptitude for troubleshooting and solving problems
- 4-5 years of experience with switching, routing, network systems and telecommunications
- Familiarization with the principles of PII and PCI/DSS compliance standards
- Cisco certification; CCNA or above
- AWS and Microsoft Certifications
- 3+ Years Systems Administration experience
- Familiarity with O365, Azure, AWS, web and mobile app development & deployment
SPECIAL REQUIREMENT: Background checks are required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.