Posted: September 12, 2018
The Mission Trauma Healing team works with a vast network of global partners to help the church address the effects of trauma and loss through an integration of biblical and mental health principles. The Program Manager will perform strategic operational functions within Mission Trauma Healing through A) the development, validation, and ongoing adjustment of regional plans, and B) facilitating ongoing capacity building and growth of Mission Trauma Healing partners and ministries within a region.
In the development of regional plans, this person will work with the Mission Trauma Healing team and ministry partners to identify regional strategies, processes, and systems needed to ensure success and maximize program impact. The Program Manager will also take the operational lead in orchestrating the implementation of regional plans. They will work with the Mission Trauma Healing Regional Coordinator and stakeholders on the ground to ensure that Mission Trauma Healing ministries have the resources needed to succeed.
In assisting Mission Trauma Healing partners with ongoing capacity building, this person will provide expertise needed to develop self-replicating ministries that are aligned with the Mission Trauma Healing growth model. The Program Manager will also work with Mission Trauma Healing partners and other stakeholders to explore and develop new and emerging ministry opportunites within a region that respond to urgent need and increase the impact of Mission Trauma Healing.
- Work with the Mission Trauma Healing team and partners to develop regional plans.
- Identify and develop key ministry partners within a region where capacity to develop and implement Mission Trauma Healing ministry aligns with urgent need.
- Utilize country-specific plans to identify regional strategies, processes, and systems for each of Mission Trauma Healing’s three core competencies, linking them to clear and measurable outcomes.
- Determine resources and capacity needed to execute regional strategies, assess existing capabilities, leverage existing infrastructure and resources, and identify targeted plans for resource allocation and capacity building.
- Serve as project owner for Mission Trauma Healing’s regional plans as they move through American Bible Society’s Partner Process.
- Develop Project Plans for each regional plan: capturing vision, summarizing project details, strategy, budget, and design; presenting best practices, and identifying potential internal and external risks.
- Create and present Project Plans to key stakeholders.
- Provide internal stakeholders with information for American Bible Society’s financial partner Status and Year End Reports.
- Coordinate Evaluation Site Visits with internal partners, including developing terms of reference and detailed pre-evaluation plans.
- Work with Mission Trauma Healing partners across a region to foster an environment of continuous quality improvement, quickly identifying mistakes and errors, highlighting learning opportunities, leveraging existing resources, and updating regional plans to accomplish maximum impact.
- Communicate regularly with Mission Trauma Healing team and other American Bible Society stakeholders to provide updates on regional plans, communicate scope and impact changes, and answer questions as they arise.
ESSENTIAL TRAITS/ SKILLS
- Passion for the Bible cause and its ability to impact lives
- Fervent belief in the mission of American Bible Society and its core values
- Understanding of the global context of trauma and domestic/international ministry
- Ability to build and maintain relationships in cross-cultural settings, ensuring that communications are tightly aligned with the Mission Trauma Healing team
- Ability to think strategically about regional plans
- Strong team player who embodies the values of American Bible Society
- Ability to process outcome data and compile clear and concise written reports that summarize project detail and scope, capture income and expenditures, present project metrics, and demonstrate impact
- Ability to represent Mission Trauma Healing successfully in high-level meetings – creating and delivering reports and presentations
- Effective organizational, implementation, and time-management skills
- Self-directed, with the ability to identify gaps, barriers, and issues, and develop solutions
- Passion for results and willingness to hold partners accountable for impact goals and projections, with a strong desire to explore new ways of accomplishing key objectives
- Ability to successfully manage a large portfolio of partner-centered relationships while maintaining agility and responsiveness
- Ability to think critically about partner needs and requests in order to help Mission Trauma Healing and American Bible Society avoid mission drift
- Proven track record in project management with experience developing and executing strategic plans
- Experience working cross-culturally with partners to develop and implement programs
- Experience communicating strategic priorities within the context of regional plan management
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Undergraduate degree required – Advanced degree desired
- Project management training desired
- Spanish fluency preferred
- 5+ years of related experiences with demonstrated accountability and accomplishments
- Domestic and International travel required (50%)
SPECIAL REQUIREMENT: Background checks are required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.