Posted: April 10, 2018
The Project Coordinator supports American Bible Society’s mission of making the Bible available and alive so that all people may experience the life-changing message of God’s Word by ensuring timely completion of all project milestones. The Project Coordinator works closely within the established review workflow system so all steps are achieved prior to launching of fundraising efforts. These efforts raise funds for the organization’s ministry programs to translate 100% of languages for Bible engagement and equip 100 million people in the U.S. to actively engage with the Bible.
Attention to detail and a highly organized person who is pro-active will be successful in this position as he/she will be responsible for initiating, securing internal subject matter experts’ feedback/approvals and making sure appropriate edits are made to digital fundraising efforts. Candidate must exemplify a collaborative spirit and able to work in a matrix team structure as he/she will be working in conjunction with external and internal agency to launch projects on time. This role is essential to the direct response fundraising team as the Project Coordinator serves as the hub of all the project activities and discussions. Accurate and on-time execution of appeals contribute to the Mission Advancement division 10 year, double digit growth goal of achieving $100 million annual revenue and $1 billion quasi endowment.
The Project Coordinator will report to and work in close collaboration with Manager, Direct Response Program to ensure excellent communication with internal subject matter experts and external agency/vendors during the review process in order for the fundraising efforts to launch on schedule and as expected.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure timely routing of fundraising efforts to appropriate internal subject matter experts and alert supervisor of conflicting review content and compromised deadlines. Staying on schedule is vital to meeting team’s core revenue targets in addition to supporting Mission Advancement’s resetting of core operations drivers of reaching double digit growth.
- Guide high volume of projects from strategy through 3 rounds of creative review. Provides candidate an opportunity to see crafting of new offer messaging and rolling out of winning tests from previous year to ensure steady stream of newly acquired donors whose passion is aligned with American Bible Society’s mission; therefore providing significant lifetime value.
- Confirm all approved edits are executed fully and properly prior to final approval to agency. This include test email approvals and making sure all URLs used are entered in our working document for proper tracking.
- Participate in weekly project status call with external vendor/agency for digital fundraising efforts but also must be aware of print/telemarketing projects. Contributing to discussions and troubleshooting any issues to ensure projects are launched on schedule.
- Understand the review workflow system in order to secure and provide timely approvals and feedback. Inform Digital Project Associate to troubleshoot, if deadline is in jeopardy.
- Communicate and submit intake work requests to internal Marketing team with monthly production files that need to be updated on the homepage.
- Coordinate Planned Giving marketing effort schedules, route creative, collect feedback, and check edits.
- Traffic data instructions and gift processing work instructions for special projects, when needed. Ensure Database Manager and Digital Manager and Project Associate reviews but candidate will also learn and have a deeper understanding of data selection, suppression and gift processing.
- Support Digital Project Associate with trafficking needs of online projects across Mission Advancement division.
- Demonstrate understanding of traditional media campaigns to serve as back up, as necessary.
- Domestic business travel as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Traits/Skills and Requirements:
- Fervent belief in the mission of American Bible Society
- Passion for the Bible cause and its ability to impact lives, and the mission and core values of ABS
- Excellent follow up and project tracking skills.
- Professional expression of written and verbal communication.
- Exhibits positive, can-do attitude and contributes to positive team spirit.
- Ability to thrive in fast paced work environment with multiple priorities to get the job done.
- Service-minded in delivery.
- Models grace under pressure.
Education and/or Training:
- Bachelor’s degree with 1+ year experience in non-profit fundraising, preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required.
- Familiarity with Adobe Professional, preferred.
- Familiar with Project Management concepts and skills.
- Experience using online project management tools like Basecamp and other similar collaboration tools, preferred.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENT: Background checks are required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.