Posted: November 2, 2018
The Project Manager will work in conjunction with all ministries, departments, and areas within American Bible Society to manage the full life-cycle of a project. This position will focus on software applications ranging from customer relationship management systems, financial data-collection and configuration/reporting, and customer web portals. The Project Manager will work with applications and tools that utilize Project Management methodologies to assist in implementing and/or upgrading current software while achieving process improvement across the end-to-end business. This position will work closely with team members of the Digital, Development, and Ministry teams and act as a conduit to articulate the business’ strategies, requirements, and processes to our internal business customers. This position reports to the Manager, Program Management Office – Technology Solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead projects across departments using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, and task and workflow analysis.
- Assist in developing, implementing, and maintaining processes and procedures for the PMO organization. Provide project management stewardship, guidance and mentoring to functional business members.
- Define the scope of the project. Own and manage project goals, risks, issues, and resources.
- Lead a project team consisting of representatives from across departments and divisions. Contribute to standards and best practices related to software development methodology. This includes working with partner vendors and collaborating with teams outside of the company.
- Build and manage strong stakeholder relationships and expectations to keep others up-to-date on project status, while providing leadership through collaboration to drive towards the resolution of projects and issues.
- Interface with key IT, business stakeholders, and vendors to devise new approaches and recommend solutions to solve business needs through integration and automation.
- Review contract terms and conditions for completeness and consistency with corporate standards.
- Use proven analytical and quantitative skills and an ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, develop business cases, and complete root cause analyses.
Although there are no direct reports immediately, the Project Manager will work with business area functional team leads, developers, and vendors to ensure resources are properly allocated for any given project.
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Passion for the Bible cause and its ability to impact lives
- Fervent belief in the mission of American Bible Society
- 4+ years of experience as a Project Manager or Financial Analyst for Information Technology
- Demonstrated history of stewarding projects from concept to post-production including Web application and/or software development projects
- Strong oral and written communication skills along with strong facilitation and problem-solving skills are required.
- Strong organizational skill with experience working on complex initiatives while providing leadership to cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- Advanced skills in project management, productivity process improvement, presentation, customer relations management, content management, and collaboration/communication software tools
- Project management training and/or willingness to invest in training, including PMP certification
- Responsible for managing service agreements and vendor relationships across software, hardware, telecommunications, and other IT Services
- Ability to work effectively with both co-located and distributed teams
- Highly self-motivated, initiative-taker, excellent self-manager
Required Education and/or Training:
Undergraduate Degree: Graduate Degree:
Experience in Relevant Field: At least 4 years Project Manager.
Office Location: Philadelphia, PA
Hours: Standard office i.e. 8:30-5, May require evenings and weekends
SPECIAL REQUIREMENT: Background checks are required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.