Posted: August 14, 2017
The Regional Advisor (Advisor) is a member of the Development team and is responsible to secure financial resources in the form of planned gifts from individual donors in support of American Bible Society and its mission. This work is performed within an assigned geographical area and within an assigned caseload of donors. The Advisor reports to the Director of PG.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work to achieve annual planned gift income goals.
- Maintain an aggressive schedule of donor visits, being in personal contact with donors and prospects to establish and strengthen relationships with donors who have potential to make planned gifts. Maintaining this personal contact schedule may require extensive weekly travel by the Advisor
- Inform donors of ABS activities and programs designed to fulfill its mission
- Advise donors of ABS planned gift benefits in a manner that builds interest and participation and offer opportunities for major gift participation, when appropriate.
- Determine appropriate cultivation steps for donors and through the Director of PG recommend appropriate participation by other Development Office staff Directors, the Executive Vice President for Development, and/or the President, in this process.
- Complete (post, input or insert for Blackbaud) all activity reports on any donor contacts, as defined by the Director of PG, in a timely and comprehensive manner.
- Work in partnership with Advisors or Directors of other ABS divisions where beneficial and as directed
- Speak publicly on behalf of ABS as appropriate, in advancing development programs
- Pursue an active program of professional growth and development
Performance and Evaluation Metrics
- Total amount of PG expectancies closed (Wills, Trusts, Annuities, Endowments)
- Number of PG proposals presented
- Number of $250,000+ opportunities in pipeline
- Number of FTF appointments with $100,000+ plus giving opportunities
Essential Traits/Skills: Minimum qualifications individual must possess when entering position
- Passion for the Bible cause and its ability to impact lives
- Fervent belief in the mission of the American Bible Society and its core values
- Knowledge of planned giving vehicles, tax, financial, and estate planning concepts
- Initiative and ability to work independently on a regional basis
- Personal presence, demeanor and desire to work face-to-face with donor prospects and advisors
- Exceptional written and oral communications
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Full working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Full working knowledge of PG Calc and Crescendo
Education and/or Training
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Over 3 years’ experience I Planned Gift field work
- Thorough knowledge of all types of Planned Giving Instruments and their uses
Your work will be primarily in the field and out of the office visiting donors and prospecting for new donors. You will also spend 40% of your time in the office making sure every donor is properly served and the accountability standards will be met for your record keeping and follow up of donors.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENT: Background checks are required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.