Posted: January 17, 2019
Provide administrative support to the U.S. Ministry City Mobilization Team Lead. This person will perform a variety of administrative functions and activities related to our plan to see 3.7 million people moved along the Pathway of Scripture Engagement by 2021 and 100 million Americans actively engaging the Scriptures by 2026. Duties are to be carried out with integrity, competency, and wisdom, with a high regard for professionalism, confidentiality, diplomacy, and with the distinct purpose of helping the National City Mobilization Team Lead be as effective as possible in carrying out his/her various responsibilities.
EXPERIENCE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure effective operations of the U.S. ministry city mobilization department by evaluating, directing, organizing, and prioritizing the administrative functions.
- Perform general clerical duties to include but not limited to: photocopying, mail, distribution, office supplies, and filing.
- Maintain calendars including, scheduling in-person meetings and video/teleconference calls, and ensuring the team lead is fully prepared for all appointments.
- Provide logistical support for meetings: assist in booking conference rooms, arrange IT support, produce and distribute meeting materials (i.e. agendas, manuals, correspondence.), fulfill guest’s travel arrangements, and coordinate catering when needed.
- Communicate on the team lead’s behalf to internal/external personnel at all levels.
- Undertake all aspects of domestic and international travel arrangements for the team lead. This includes securing transportation, hotel reservations, and visas when necessary. Assist with administration of Amex and Concur for team lead and all direct reports.
- Understand key internal and external stakeholders, their interdependencies, and their strategic importance. Liaise with internal staff, external vendors, partners, and alliance organizations with a spirit of collegiality.
- Assist with execution of proper agreements, contracts, and non-Inventory Purchase Orders to secure partnerships and/or vendor relationships in coordination with Finance Operations, American Bible Society Legal, other Finance teams, and People & Organizational Development.
- Process and approve expense reports, facilitate payment of invoices, and reimbursement requests, as well as other similar documents.
- Monitor expenses and budgets to alert National City Mobilization Lead to potential stewardship challenges and concerns.
- Prepare city reports, monitor direct attendance of direct reports, and approve their time in the Automatic Data Processing (ADP) system.
- Enter ministry and financial partner information into Blackbaud and alert Team Lead on other staff contact with strategic partners.
- Provide appropriate assistance for the city mobilization guests.
- Assist with the mail, package shipping/receiving, phone, printer/copier, and reception operations as necessary.
- Perform additional job-related duties as required.
- Passion for the Bible cause and its ability to impact lives
- Fervent belief in the mission of American Bible Society
- Fluency with Microsoft Office, Apple OS suite, SharePoint, Blue Jeans, Concur, and ADP.
- Strong ability to use Microsoft Outlook calendar, create meeting/agenda schedules, and manage time effectively and efficiently.
- Solid organizational communication skills and effective professional business writing skills.
- Analytical eye and attention to detail is crucial for this position
- Strong interpersonal skills – ability to communicate and work well with internal and external partners and develop professional relationships.
- Competency and flexibility to complete special projects with supervision as assigned.
- Ability to work with a variety of teammates, facilitating collaboration and cooperation.
- Experience in budgeting and Excel spreadsheet creation/management.
- Highest level of discretion in handling sensitive and confidential information/situations with/for the VP.
- A strong desire to work in a fast-paced environment with the ability to multi-task and to adjust ever-changing schedules and priorities.
- Self-motivated, well organized, ability to work independently on projects.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR TRAINING:
- Undergraduate Degree
- Experience in Relevant Field: At least 2 years prior administrative experience.
- Office Location: Philadelphia, PA
- Travel: Limited
- Hours: Standard office i.e. 8:30-5, etc.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENT: Background checks are required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.