Posted: January 17, 2019
The American Bible Society Senior Manager of Learning and Development will support the organization in both a consultative coaching and leader role in the design and delivery of training & development programs and initiatives to support its learning and development needs. The incumbent will partner with teams across the organization to understand organizational needs and develop or source relevant training solutions to support objectives. The incumbent will design and deliver specific programs for all levels of employees, as a partner within the People and Organizational Development team.
- Provide consultative insight to managers, senior leaders, and staff regarding learning and development solutions.
- Partner across the organization to design and implement business-aligned training processes, systems, and tools for ongoing effective employee and management development.
- Develop, design, and support delivery of training. Measure progress against learning plans, including new-hire assimilation follow-up.
- Develop and implement training curricula using multiple methodologies and platforms, including classroom and virtual classroom sessions, web-based events, and online training courses.
- Manage developmental & training programs focused on both internal & external resources, including the quality of content. Source new content & providers, as appropriate.
- Collaborate with HR & Organizational Partners to build access to available core learning and development resources.
- Monitor training and learning programs’ effectiveness and make changes based on results.
- Facilitate and present training programs across the organization to all levels of employees.
Essential Skills and Traits:
- Fervent belief in the mission of American Bible Society
- Passion for the Bible cause and its ability to impact lives, and the mission and core values of American Bible Society
- Excellent problem-solving skills to effectively identify learning and development needs and influence decision making to determine solutions that fit the business needs in a dynamic, growth environment
- Able to collaborate with key stakeholders to satisfy learning needs, build out materials, and implement them in a way that leads to behavior change
- Successful track record of identifying, sourcing, and managing internal and external training and development resources.
- Excellent planning and project management skills; ability to effectively manage priorities for self and team to meet requirements and deadlines in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Able to create and/or facilitate quality customized training content in different delivery modalities
- Able to facilitate in-person and distance training learning in an effective and engaging way
- Excellent leadership skills; highly motivated, assertive, take-charge style with an ability to energize and motivate others
- Ability to work effectively across many internal functional groups to optimize product offerings, create a seamless customer experience, and resolve issues
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Organizational Development, Education, or related field required. Advanced degree preferred
- 8+ years of experience developing and implementing successful learning and development programs required
- 5+ years of experience operating in a learning and development advisory and consultative capacity required
- Strong working knowledge of current instructional theories and principles, applicable to both web-based and instructor-led learning programs required
- Experience with adult learning principles and practices and curriculum development
SPECIAL REQUIREMENT: Background checks are required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.