Posted: May 29, 2019
Supporting our new decade goals of 100 million people in America engaging with the Scriptures, the Sr. Manager of Sales and Marketing for the Faith and Liberty Discover Center (FLDC) will be responsible for leading its business development and marketing activities by partnering with our advertising and marketing firm to develop and execute our integrated advertising, marketing, and communications plan. This position will also research, develop, and implement plans to attract and drive individual and group ticket sales, group sales concessions, facility rentals, retail, and virtual store sales, and other income related to FLDC sales/rentals, while managing and leading sales and marketing coordinators/staff for the FLDC.
Resourcefulness and a strong work ethic, high attention to detail, innovative thinker and problem solver, able to make tough decisions, and bring clarity to the FLDC’s sales and marketing plans and activities are a must. Should be a smart, quick study who will engage with and be embraced by visitors and colleagues within the FLDC and cultural institution community alike.
The Sr. Manager of Sales and Marketing is also accountable for interfacing with both internal and external customers to ensure that the message and mission of the FLDC is portrayed in an effective and God-honoring fashion.
- Design, implement, and facilitate an annual integrated advertising, marketing, and communications plan in partnership with our advertising and marketing firm and partners.
- Plan and administer the advertising, marketing, and communications plan’s annual budget.
- Translate FLDC objectives and strategies into brand portfolio objectives, strategies, and plans to facilitate individual/group tickets sales, facility rentals, retail store sales, add-on service sales (concessions) in support of groups, and other income-generating ideas that help to undergird the cost of operating the FLDC.
- Sell the FLDC through group tours and sales, focusing on bus tour, senior groups, churches, youth, as well as affinity groups such as “faith focused” tour groups, African American tour groups, and others who would see value in adding our center to their travel agenda.
- Represent and sell FLDC group opportunities at conferences or other gatherings (Example: https://gofconference.com)
- Manage all outbound and inbound sales efforts for the FLDC.
- Develop, distribute, and strategically place in-market and regional promotional materials, collateral, and print copies.
- Lead and manage FLDC sales coordinator, FLDC marketing coordinator, and manage all related vendors and consultants.
- Manage day-to-day activity with public relations, press, and marketing and communications agencies.
- Develop and administer FLDC marketing database to include visitor and prospect information, mailing list applications, and ongoing communications.
- Develop and deliver insightful presentations and strategies to the Executive Director and Board of Managers, as appropriate.
- Ensure the integration of the FLDC’s marketing function within that of the greater American Bible Society organization, ensuring that communications from American Bible Society and FLDC are in keeping with our brand positioning and strategies for each.
- Achieve marketing objectives by contributing marketing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Meet marketing financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Determine annual and gross-profit plans by forecasting, projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products; analyzing trends and results; establishing pricing strategies; recommending selling prices; and monitoring costs, competition, supply, and demand.
- Accomplish marketing objectives by planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating advertising, merchandising, and trade promotion programs.
- Identify marketing opportunities by identifying consumer requirements; defining market, competitor's share, and competitor's strengths and weaknesses; forecasting projected business; and establishing the targeted market share.
- Improve product marketability and profitability by researching, identifying, and capitalizing on market opportunities; improving product packaging; coordinating new product development.
- Sustain rapport with key accounts by making periodic visits, exploring specific needs, and anticipating new opportunities.
- Keep and maintain accurate files, records, and tickler files of sales past and present, and use the sales database to make this information accessible and retrievable through the FLDC point of sale system.
- Learn, operate, and promote group packages.
- Provide information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Passionate for the Bible cause and its ability to impact lives
- Commitment to American Bible Society’s affirmation, mission, and core values
- Strong relationship-building and collaboration skills for working with staff, donors, members, government officials, and the local and regional community and media.
- Exceptional organization skills with obsessive attention to detail
- A problem-solver and excellent communicator
- Experience working with multiple contractors, vendors, and service providers.
- Ability to make quick decisions and possess excellent conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to mentor, manage, inspire and evaluate direct reports, provide organizational leadership, and foster a collaborative, creative work environment.
- Well-versed and comfortable with leading-edge technology
- Recognize staff development skills, including an eye for talent, plus the ability to attract/retain a top-quality staff
- Ability to speak to both faith-based and secular audiences
- Excellent presentation abilities
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or related field. (Masters strongly preferred)
- Minimum of 5 years of sales and marketing leadership experience within an attraction (educational, museum, cultural, or entertainment attraction) working with a staff of 3 or more.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENT: Background checks are required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.