Posted: March 7, 2019
The Faith & Liberty Discovery Center (FLDC) Technology Project Leader will serve as the primary interface for the FLDC team and contracted and outsources technical providers. This position will support the FLDC in all areas related to technical evaluation, recommendations, service contracting and management and implementation. This position will also integrate with American Bible Society’s Technology Solutions team, as necessary. This position will serve as the main point of contact between major suppliers, external resources, and consortiums. This individual will possess excellent technical, strategic and tactical capabilities, business acumen, customer relationship and team management capabilities, as well as proven experience in successfully managing new and ongoing enterprise contracts, driving projects.
Initially reporting directly to the acting Managing Director of Technology Solutions, the FLDC Technology Project Leader will be responsible to develop and execute plans in support of technology needs of American Bible Society’s FLDC, working closely with the FLDC team. Eventually, this position is planned to be part of the overall FLDC Operations team and have a matrixed reporting line to the Managing Director, Technology Solutions to support alignment and consistency with enterprise systems and support (network, etc).
Major Position Tasks:
Engage and integrate with outside contractors and potential vendors; manage integration and execution of projects in support of FLDC.Ensure that the FLDC technical solutions and processes are operating effectively within the overall American Bible Society technology environment.Support the FLDC to determine IT priorities and resource needs in support of FLDC start-up and operations – including education, training, and standard operating procedures – key to ongoing FLDC operations. Work with FLDC process owners and other applicable internal IT managers to mobilize required resources, including integration with outside partners. Manage major FLDC milestones and provide / coordinate deployment; provide direction and support to external partners, as required. Develop a cadence of communication and knowledge sharing within both FLDC and American Bible Society organizations, and with external partners.Assume stewardship of and utilize and maintain a Project Management process for governance and allocation of resources across day-to-day, as well as new programs defined by the FLDC. This would include setting priorities, participation in specifications development, and active participation in the bid/proposal process, including vendor evaluation, selection, and integration.
Specific Roles / Responsibilities:
Responsible to support technology needs in the opening, transitioning, and operation of the FLDC. End-to-End program management and integration of all technology tasks and deliverables focusing on adopting and executing standardized processes and technology tools in support of the FLDC initiative, where possible.Lead the project lifecycle from project inception, requirements, specifications, and process definition through to implementation and change management.Oversee the coordination of both internal and external key stakeholders, responsible for evaluating and prioritizing relevant FLDC technology projects.Put processes in place to evaluate and minimize risk – especially with the amount of internal and external coordination required.Engage closely with all constituents and disciplines internal and external to the FLDC organization so that projects meet expectations and drive intended value.Drive operational execution to ensure project timelines are met and solutions are in place by agreed-upon due dates.Provide direction to a highly productive, motivated, and driven team through strong communication, empowerment, reward, and coaching techniques.Partner with the FLDC business process leaders and other key stakeholders to support change and implement new processes and systems to drive value to the organization and further the mission of the FLDC.Maintain a collaborative, close working relationship with the FLDC management team, Technology Solutions, and external subcontractors.Drive the Quality Assurance, vendor acceptance qualifications, and testing of all applications and infrastructure to specified requirements and timelines. Develop and maintain key American Bible Society vendor/supplier relationships and ensure a consistent process for invoicing, audit and cost allocation.Ensure that all American Bible Society Cybersecurity and Asset Management Policies and Procedures are adhered to, as well as other applicable regulations.
Desired Candidate Profile / Experience: The ideal candidate will have the following professional experience and skills:
- Proven experience leading large, complex, and successful technology projects, managing a diverse team of cross-functional team members.
- Proven experience in process engineering, contract management and vendor development, and integration.
• Experience with Program Management, RFP, and SDLC methods and practices.
- Strong business planning skills to execute strategic projects with implications for business areas with rapidly evolving business needs.
- Possess a balanced perspective on strategic and tactical issues, as well as risk management?
- Experience with full systems development life cycles in both custom developed applications and packaged solutions. Analyze and recommend custom vs. packaged solutions to evaluate the long-term total cost of ownership, speed to market, and business competitive advantage.
- Proven ability to integrate internal / external resources and create a productive environment that promotes initiative, innovation, continual learning, and development of key personnel for future advancement.
- Requires 5+ years of project management experience in an IT or functional leadership capacity.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, ideally with a concentration in IT or (related discipline/equivalent work experience); an advanced degree is desirable, but not required.
- Incumbent will work in an environment where a team approach is employed to achieve accomplishment of projects and tasks. Must be able to work with senior management, as well as other levels within the organization. Work is regulated by timeliness and deadlines.
- Standard work hours 8:30-5; minimal travel.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENT: Background checks are required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.