Posted: August 9, 2018
The Trauma Healing team works with a vast network of global partners to help the church address the effects of trauma and loss through an integration of biblical and mental health
principles. Our ministry model is built on a Training of Trainers framework, with the objective of creating a critical mass of Master Facilitators in each region of the world who have the knowledge, skills, and experience to qualify, train, and certify people from churches, organizations, and local communities to provide Bible-based Trauma interventions.
The Senior Manager of Training will be responsible for implementing a training strategy that will help the Trauma Healing team respond to the specific and unique Trauma Healing needs of various regions of the world. The person in this role will conduct trainings, while also leading and mentoring a team of American Bible Society trainers. He or she will also be responsible for the effective and efficient coordination and deployment of a global network of staff, volunteer, and partner facilitators to conduct Trauma Healing trainings around the world. This person will also work with Program and Materials team to develop a strategy for ongoing enrichment of Master Facilitators through distance learning, local Communities of Practice, and other continuing education techniques. This person will be responsible for implementing this program in American Bible Society-managed programs.
- Implement the global strategy for the training and ongoing enrichment of Trauma Healing facilitators in American Bible Society-managed programs.
- Coordinate and deploy a global network of staff and volunteer facilitators, and coordinate facilitator deployment with partner organizations, to ensure that Trauma Healing trainings around the world are adequately staffed with the right skills for that type of training (adult, storybased, children, teen) for the unique needs of that region.
- Assess the skills, knowledge, abilities, and activities of Master Facilitators to ensure that they are effective, growing, and contributing to their local communities of practice.
- Nurture and mentor Master Facilitators and Master Facilitators In Training to help them improve their skills and deepen their involvement in Trauma Healing, including their ability to mentor others in ways that maintain high standards and passion.
- Lead and manage a team of American Bible Society staff trainers, consistently and collaboratively casting vision, directing priorities, providing feedback, improving performance, and strengthening team culture.
- Work with ministry partners like national Bible Societies, Trauma Healing Alliance partners, and other implementing ministries or organizations to ensure that trainees have been properly qualified and prepared for certification and ongoing implementation of the Trauma Healing program model.
- Ensure that the American Bible Society-managed Trauma Healing training sessions are being carried out with the highest quality and fidelity to the Trauma Healing program model, while sharing best practices and mentoring with Alliance Partners and other Trauma Healing implementers.
- Ensure that each stage of the American Bible Society training events (planning, implementation, reporting, and follow-up) are executed with excellence and are effectively contributing towards the global implementation of the Trauma Healing program model.
- In collaboration with the Program and Materials team, develop the training approach based on feedback, field experience, industry best practices, and adaptations to the program model.
- Work with Programs and Materials to develop systems for effectively monitoring and evaluating the long-term impact of trainings and build systems of learning and adapting to the results of that analysis.
- Passion for the Bible cause and its ability to impact lives.
- Fervent belief in the mission of the American Bible Society and its core values.
- Understanding of the global context of trauma and domestic/international ministry.
- Ability to manage personal well-being in the face of frequent and direct encounters with global trauma.
- Ability to work well on a team, collaboratively developing ideas, providing clear feedback, and promoting healthy communication.
- Ability to help traumatized people by creating a safe and confidential environment conducive to listening and sharing.
- Ability to lead groups in accordance with the participatory model.
- Ability to understand and apply the content of a training, and experience in the field of trauma, training, and global ministry.
- Ability to think theologically about suffering, renewal, and community.
- Ability to think strategically about establishing a training and enrichment plan in various regions around the world.
- Strong team player who embodies the values of American Bible Society.
- Ability to develop systems of monitoring and evaluation to ensure quality and impact.
- Ability to represent Trauma Healing successfully in high-level meetings, conferences, and presentations.
- Effective organizational, implementation, and time-management skills.
- Self-directed, with the ability to identify gaps, barriers, and issues, and develop solutions.
- Passion for results and willingness to hold self and others accountable for impact goals and projections, with a strong desire to explore new ways of accomplishing key objectives.
- 7+ years of experience in trauma-related work – especially in training, teaching, and mentoring roles.
- Experience working cross-culturally to develop, train, and implement trauma-informed programs
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Graduate degree required
- Certification in Trauma Healing a plus
- 7+ years of related experiences with demonstrated accountability and accomplishments
- Domestic and international travel required
SPECIAL REQUIREMENT: Background checks are required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.