Posted: November 6, 2018
The Cities Mobilization Coordinator is a key resource for Cities Mobilization unit within American Bible Society’s U.S. Ministry. The Coordinator will support U.S. Ministry by providing project support necessary for the unit’s Cities and Wounded Healer teams and office management duties for the Director. The Coordinator will be responsible for extending the reach and enhancing the strategic planning, project management, and executive effectiveness of the Cities Mobilization team. The Coordinator will facilitate and accelerate the realization of new strategic programs by proactively helping management carry out responsibilities in a fast-paced environment of organizational change.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and perform project management of key team deliverables
- Coordinate key communications and activities in support of several Cities Mobilization unit programs
- Conduct inter-office collaborations with American Bible Society’s Marketing and Technology Solutions departments, as well as within U.S. Ministry’s three other strategic initiatives to advance work outputs to desired outcomes
- Assist in the implementation of projects associated with the unit’s strategic operations and tactical plans focused on increasing Scripture engagement in the U.S. through its cities
- Manage the Cities Mobilization City.Bible websites, its production, template, and contextualized content and other new strategic initiatives
- Responsible for the efficient day-to-day management of the Cities Mobilization office
- Oversight of the Cities Mobilization department budget and financial tracking
- Monitor all expenses against budget for the Cities Mobilization department: track charge back; review and reconcile direct reports; Concur expense reports; track invoice payments; and check requests through internal software systems
- Contract management for various external vendors and partners: Assist with execution of proper agreements/contracts with external vendors in tandem with the Senior Vice President of U.S. Ministry and American Bible Society’s Legal and Finance departments
- Manage and coordinate calendar, agenda, itineraries, requests, meetings, conferences, and other support materials
- Plan and coordinate travel, expense reporting, reimbursements, and time management for the Director
- Assist in activities that optimize American Bible Society and U.S. Ministry values, policies, and practices
- Organize internal weekly and various departmental staff meetings and appointments, providing on-site or teleconference logistical support, plus transcription and distribution of meeting minutes as needed
- Organize external meetings, correspond with high-level guests, provide general logistical support, including guest travel arrangements, produce and distribute meeting materials (i.e. agendas, background materials)
- Undertake management’s domestic and international travel arrangements. This includes securing transportation, hotel reservations, and visas when necessary.
- Special Projects as assigned
- Passion for the Bible cause and its ability to impact lives
- Fervent belief in the mission of American Bible Society and its core values
- Well organized with excellent ministry service and interpersonal skills
- Effective time management with attention to detail and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside ministry and financial partners
- Ability to work with a variety of teammates, facilitating collaboration and cooperation.
- Strong organizational, communicative, and business writing skills
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience in Administration
- Experience in Publishing or Non-profit ministry preferred
- 3+ years of applicable experience
- Fluency with Microsoft Office Suite, Excel (Intermediate) Sharepoint, Apple, and Google work tools
- Demonstrated ability to utilize software applications (e.g. Workfront, Concur, ADP).
- Demonstrated ability to use online collaboration tools, instant messaging, and file sharing systems (e.g. Dropbox, Basecamp, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal skills – ability to mesh well with internal and external partners and relationships
- Competency and flexibility to complete special projects as assigned within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with a variety of teammates, facilitating collaboration and cooperation
- Discretion in handling sensitive and confidential materials
SPECIAL REQUIREMENT: Background checks are required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.