Posted: March 26, 2018
The Web Marketing Specialist is responsible for implementing American Bible Society's web marketing strategies by uploading and maintaining web content, creating landing pages and building email marketing campaigns in support of American Bible Society's ministry and fundraising goals as well as planning, tracking and reporting on metrics for web properties and email and content marketing, with the goals of increasing traffic, improving SEO and optimizing conversion rates to support the goals of each individual property. The Specialist will play in integral role in the entire lifecycle of maintaining web properties, including: helping to establish performance metrics for new projects, reviewing, maintaining and improving metrics on existing projects and providing ongoing reporting and recommendations for improvement based on established goals.
- Upload new and existing content on American Bible Society's websites using content management systems or editing HTML files
- Manage a web and email marketing calendar and coordinate with other departments for scheduling
- Setup email marketing campaigns using Pardot or other email marketing tools
- Assist with intake of client projects and suggest appropriate implementation of web and email marketing strategies as needed to support American Bible Society's goals
- Assist with the improvement and implementation of content marketing strategies
- Handle requests for content changes from throughout the organization, working with staff to accomplish goals while following marketing strategies and meeting deadlines
- Write introductory and descriptive content for use in marketing sites
- Design and create regular reports about the success of web properties and email marketing based on established goals and metrics
- Maintain Google Analytics accounts and configure them to track appropriate metrics
- Provide guidance for appropriate metrics and goals for new projects
- Analyze metrics and reports and provide feedback and suggestions for improvements
- Monitor and report on SEO traction of web properties
- Suggest improvements for SEO strategy
- Monitor and report on conversion rates for web properties
- Suggest improvements for conversion rate optimization
- Collaborate with Social Media and Content teams for areas of overlap between social media and web or content
- Collaborate with other teams and vendors to coordinate tracking and optimization across departments
- Present findings and suggestions in meetings
- Passion for the Bible cause and its ability to impact lives
- Fervent belief in the mission of American Bible Society
- Expertise with web content management systems (Expression Engine strongly preferred, but not required)
- Experience with email marketing tools (Pardot preferred, but not required)
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and other tools for reporting and analyzing data
- Experience with content marketing and content strategy
- Experience with Google Analytics for tracking web metrics, conversions, etc.
- Experience working with HTML code
- Effectively communicate difficult to understand or sensitive information tactfully
- Strong writing skills
- Experience with Social media marketing
Self-motivated, initiative-taker, self-manager; excellent written and oral communications; highly personable, polite; reliable, follow-through on tasks and responsibilities, adaptable to urgent requests and varying workloads; produce finished products with minimal requirements specified; committed to continuous learning and improvement.
Education and/or Training
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or 2 or more years of equivalent experience
- Training with Google Analytics preferred
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive with similar positions at not-for-profit organizations.
- Salary commensurate with experience and potential
SPECIAL REQUIREMENT: Background checks are required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.